Surf Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Update

I have spoken to Bob and Stevo today and they advised that the price I’d been quoted was about right. I called into the garage and they confirmed that to have the heads skimmed would be another £70 ish, pushing the quote past £900.

So before I make a decision I was wondering what the Surf might be worth to someone as it is (still drivable).

It is a 1994 SSR-G auto V6 3ltr.Petrol. Has cruise control and other high spec goodies Engine was replaced at 144,000 KM with an engine which had done aprox 50,000. Vehicle now shows a reading of 152,000 so has only covered 8,000 KM since it was imported by Bob (Hilux) in 2005.

Bodywork is in excellent condition (well above average), gun-metal gray all the electrics work, windows, mirrors. Seats are Recaro (very comfortable) no rips.
    MOT & Taxed till October 2007.

Tyres are getting towards the end of their lives but I had planned to buy new tyres anyway.

So what do you guys think it might fetch? £100, £200,
    50 pence

Here is an old thread with pictures of when Bob had it for sale:
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12546

And a couple of more recent pictures:

The only real difference is that I have added a Bull-bar.

Last edited by PDR; 8 February 2007, 18:59.
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Working, it's probably worth somewhere between £2k and £3k. The problem with the petrol ones is finding someone that wants one. There was one if the for sale section for a year that eventually went for £2k. I paid more than that for mine but I knew the HGs had been done recently so I figured it was worth it. Maybe around £1,500 for yours????

Seeing as he's already interested and wants a 'G', I would suggest getting in touch with beaufighter and seeing what he'll offer. V6s are very tricky to shift, so either pass it on to him or get it fixed yourself (you know you want to).

Comment

Working...
    X