Sorted Handbrake Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorted Handbrake Light

After months of being bugged every day by my dashboard handbrake light i rang Benfield Toyota in Leeds and explained the problem(the fluid level was correct)It was constantly stuck on.
    They said they had no idea what the problem was but that i should book it in so they could look at it.
    When i enquired how much for them to simply have a look they said £40+vat,then more for parts and labour......
    When i got up off the floor i told them to stuff it.
    Today it rained heavily and whilst out and about i happened to blast through a mega deep puddle at 50+mph.The light immediately went off and now works perfectly!
    Don't know what has happened but it's sorted.Result for nowt!

Paul
    French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Originally posted by Pauleds
    After months of being bugged every day by my dashboard handbrake light i rang Benfield Toyota in Leeds and explained the problem(the fluid level was correct)It was constantly stuck on.
    They said they had no idea what the problem was but that i should book it in so they could look at it.
    When i enquired how much for them to simply have a look they said £40+vat,then more for parts and labour......
    Today it rained heavily and whilst out and about i happened to blast through a mega deep puddle at 50+mph.The light immediately went off and now works perfectly!

Paul
    hope that works on mine, cheers.
    where are the deep puddles when you need one
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Paul
      Nice one mate when r you off to france mate
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Mark,
        my last day in england is next Saturday.Then on Sunday we set off loaded up with Caravan and all our worldly belongings for the 7/8 hour journey to Dover then another 5/6 hours on the other side.
        The Surf if serviced and ready to go and should make mincemeat of the journey.

Comment

Mark,
          my last day in england is next Saturday.Then on Sunday we set off loaded up with Caravan and all our worldly belongings for the 7/8 hour journey to Dover then another 5/6 hours on the other side.
          The Surf if serviced and ready to go and should make mincemeat of the journey.
          GOOD LOOK TO THE PAIR OF YOU. Horsemeat, frogslegs & all that eeuu
          YUK !
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            GOOD LOOK TO THE PAIR OF YOU. Horsemeat, frogslegs & all that eeuu
            YUK !
            Yes best of luck to both of you, I trust you will keep in touch.

Geoff.
            Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Bon voyage to you, Paul, and the family.
              I'm not in the least bit jealous. Who needs less stringent planning regs, litter free streets, no dumped cars, reasonably priced beer, wine and ciggies. And a more laid back lifestyle. Nooooooo I couldn't handle it.
              Much!
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Yeah we'll keep in touch guys as soon as we get a landline in,by the way the bl**dy handbrake light came back on today......damn thing.lol
                Thanks for the good wishes.

Paul.

Comment

Working...
                X