over heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surf Newbie, Southern Italy

Hi Guys, I am new to Surfs, having just paid the deposit on a 2.4 Turbo in the Uk that I intend to bring down to Southern Italy.

It gets hot here, last year up to 44 degrees. Do you guys think this might pose a problem with the 2.4? Is there anything that I can do to pre-empt any problem, other than my having already asked the garage to flush, refill and change the stat?

Is there a particular temperature stat that I should be looking for that will suit the climate here?

Cheers for any help/advice that you can offer.

Dan1

Comment

Hello,
      I think the best thing you can do to aid keeping the engine cool is to fit some air vents into the bonnet.

Comment

you could try fitting a fridge under the bonnet too!

hello and welcome to surfdom!
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire
          Hello,
          I think the best thing you can do to aid keeping the engine cool is to fit some air vents into the bonnet.
          Will do. thanks mate! Dan

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
            you could try fitting a fridge under the bonnet too!

hello and welcome to surfdom!
            Hi mate, have you had any probs with yours? Mine sounds the same. Dan

Comment

Originally posted by brian88883
              just checked for water in rad matt and there musnt have been a drop in its just took about 4 or 5 pints of water i am such an idiot but if u dont ask u dont learn anything cheers for ur help mate. regards bri

Did you have the engine running when you topped her up mate? If not I would suggest that you take the rad cap off and run the engine till warm and if the water level drops top her up again and try to give the hoses a bit of a squeeze. I've been told that if the water is squrting out of the rad cap like a volcano when your topping up like this your head is probably bu**erd. If shes been getting very hot it may not have done the head any favours.

Spoggle

Comment

I got some matches left if you want one ;-)

Comment

Working...
                X