Rear window.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window.

Hi, can any one help. Rear window goes down no problems. Got slower and slower to go up now eventually stopped 3/4 up. Had to manually encourage window to go up. If the motor is removed (assume this is the problem) is it possible to close rear window manually i.e. what stops it from slipping back down.

look here for a start
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5178
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

hi mate, mine was the same and i replaced it with the window motor from the nearside rear window motor. both work fine as the back window is heavier so the old motor has enough life left in it for the door window.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30271

heres a thread on how to remove the rear window motor. not too difficult mate. either swap it or get a new motor.

worth greasing the hell out of everything metal to metal as well
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Rear Window.

Originally posted by andrewlee31
        hi mate, mine was the same and i replaced it with the window motor from the nearside rear window motor. both work fine as the back window is heavier so the old motor has enough life left in it for the door window.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30271

heres a thread on how to remove the rear window motor. not too difficult mate. either swap it or get a new motor.

worth greasing the hell out of everything metal to metal as well
        No problems getting motor out just need to shut glass and leave while I investigate motor. Working on front drive with no garage.

Comment

im in the same situation mate, thats why i swapped them over.
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Try just cleaning and lubricating the window rubber channel first. There's a good chance it's just gunged up and sticking.

Comment

I had this..
              window goes down but strugles back up...if you help it up as it closes all works fine.

Then over time it stopped working.

Searched the forum and somone said it was a rubber bush inside of the motor.

All I needed to do was remove motor and open up the round plate on it. Put three self tappers into the rubber bush and the cog it had come unstuck from.

Works like a dream now.

If you need more detail I will post a thing with pics

Mark

Comment

Having got the window motor out

Remove the plate by gentley prising the metal tabs of either side

If the rubber bush has come apart then.....

Counter sink the plastic cog to allow for the heads of the screws (1 in pic) (2= the exsisting holes) then drill and self tap the metal bit the rubber was attached to.

Then screw both bits together (ruber and metal) and then joins all together blue= rubber bush red = metal plate yellow = plastic cog

And replace back in motor.

Job done 30 mins and 1hr to take and replace motor

Cost = 1.5 hr and three self tappers

Mark

Comment

Rear Window.

Cheers guys, I'll have a go when I finish my 101 other jobs. You know, wife, kids, work etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X