Wheel Spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Spacers

I want to buy a set of wheel spacers. Has anyone fitted these along with non standard wheels? I suspect that it won't make any difference but would like to hear from someone who has done this or hit ona problem. The wheels that I have, don't know the make but are 15" with five very chunky spokes with about 30 rivets on the edge of the verticle section. Also I have fitted extended sockets nuts that are tapered. Hope this makes sense.

Also, best place to get them from would help please. I have seen ones advertised which are are made froma solid billet of aluminium which I think are best. Silly question, the studs are not aluminium are they, as I don't think there would be enough strength in them.
    Last edited by beaufighter; 5 February 2007, 15:30.

Originally posted by beaufighter
    I want to buy a set of wheel spacers. Has anyone fitted these along with non standard wheels? I suspect that it won't make any difference but would like to hear from someone who has done this or hit ona problem. The wheels that I have, don't know the make but are 15" with five very chunky spokes with about 30 rivets on the edge of the verticle section. Also I have fitted extended sockets nuts that are tapered. Hope this makes sense.

Also, best place to get them from would help please. I have seen ones advertised which are are made froma solid billet of aluminium which I think are best. Silly question, the studs are not aluminium are they, as I don't think there would be enough strength in them.
    The rims that you have shouldn't make any difference. I think you have the same rims as I do.

TonyN sells the good spacers I believe, so maybe have a work with him.

I bought a set of the cheap ones on ebay a while back. When they turned up they looked $$$$, and I reckon they'd have crumbled on their first off-road outing. Plus I would have had to cut down all the original studs to fit the extended wheel studs properly. I ended up selling them on again on ebay.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Tony is the one. 01256 473397. 4x4toys
      Definately don't buy the cheaper ones on Ebau.
      Philip
      Still Searching,
      Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie

TonyN sells the good spacers I believe, so maybe have a work with him.

£120 inc VAT and Post.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

just put a set on mine ,although i didnt get mine from tony i got mine at roughtrax , noticed yesterday that i got a wobble at about 30-40 mph,
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Has anyone fitted these along with non standard wheels? .
            Its the offset of your rims that will affect clearance. If they are identical to the standard wheels you should be ok. I ran the ally spacers with my 31's for ages with no problems - only removed them with the 33's as they stick out too much on the 10" rims.
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
              just put a set on mine ,although i didnt get mine from tony i got mine at roughtrax , noticed yesterday that i got a wobble at about 30-40 mph,
              Another one who paints the underneath of his truck! Heavens above Vince! What have you started?!
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                Another one who paints the underneath of his truck! Heavens above Vince! What have you started?!
                he made me do it

Comment

he made me do it
                  What, was it like his voice inside your head?

To be honest, I'm gonna jet wash under mine in the spring and get the hammerite out too!

Comment

To be honest, I'm gonna jet wash under mine in the spring and get the hammerite out too!
                    funny you say that i was gonna put mine in the garage and start doing mine over the next couple of weeks
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

are you getting voices in your head to ???

Comment

are you getting voices in your head to ???
                        Yeah. He doesn't need to post anymore now he's got a direct line

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and advice. Tony, are these spacers 30mm and do they come with all fixings?

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and advice. Tony, are these spacers 30mm and do they come with all fixings?
                            Yeah, you don't need anything else. the spacers bolt to the hubs using your old nuts, and then you bolt the wheel to the spacers lug bolts.

If you have long/bling wheel nuts, use the nuts supplied to bolt the spacers on, and use your nuts on the wheel.

They are 30 or 32mm, can't remember off the top of my head.
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                              use your nuts on the wheel.
                              Wouldn't that smart a bit?

Comment

Working...
                              X