CD player problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD player problems

Just bought a 1996 SSR-X imported from Japan. Everythings fine apart from the CD player.

Now I know the radio needs a band expander so that is not an issue. However the CD player just rejects the CDs as soon as I insert them. I spoke to the garage about it as it is still under warranty and he stated that the CDs are also a different format, but that copied CDs may play in it but not shop bought ones.

Is this right or is he feeding me a line?

Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

Originally posted by wickedandlazee
    Just bought a 1996 SSR-X imported from Japan. Everythings fine apart from the CD player.

Now I know the radio needs a band expander so that is not an issue. However the CD player just rejects the CDs as soon as I insert them. I spoke to the garage about it as it is still under warranty and he stated that the CDs are also a different format, but that copied CDs may play in it but not shop bought ones.

Cheers
    My surf had the orgirnal CD player and it kept spitting out any type of CD I put into it. It could be the laser is buggered which was the problem with mine. To save the hassel of getting it fixed, it was cheaper to get a new radio and CD player.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Cheers
      That's b0llocks, CDs are the same the world over. Ask him for a new stereo.

Comment

Cheers
        He's feeding a line.

Unlike DVDs, CDs are not region specific, so will work anywhere.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

He's talking bumph. Some of the dealers do actually believe it themselves, though, so it may not be intentional. If you have a lens cleaning cd, pop it in. The type where you put the fluid on the little brush on the underside of the disc. Try it a couple of times. If that makes no difference, just replace the whole unit with a standard one.

Comment

Thanks chaps - I suspected as much!

I have got a nice pioneer unit in another car of mine which I am due to s$$$$, so I may well fit that if the cleaning CD does not work - only problem is the $$$$$$ great gap I'll have when I take the toyota one out!!

Comment

Thanks chaps - I suspected as much!

I have got a nice pioneer unit in another car of mine which I am due to s$$$$, so I may well fit that if the cleaning CD does not work - only problem is the $$$$$$ great gap I'll have when I take the toyota one out!!
              Get one of those cheap and cheerful cubby hole boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                Get one of those cheap and cheerful cubby hole boxes.
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27446

Comment

cheers sancho mate - will save me a lot of grief by the looks of it

Comment

Mine was doing the same. I tried cleaners and even taking the thing apart to have a look. My advice, bin it. As for the space, why not make up a switch panel for extra lights etc.

Comment

you could also it a cb in the gap mate.
                      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
                        Mine was doing the same. I tried cleaners and even taking the thing apart to have a look. My advice, bin it. As for the space, why not make up a switch panel for extra lights etc.
                        You mean like this?

Comment

You mean like this?
                          I believe the phrase used last time was "it looks like the borg have been messing with your bird box"......

Comment

I've just taken one of those wee boxes out from under my stereo to fit a CB. For postage its yours.

Dave

Comment

You mean like this?
                              $$$$$$ hell , I've seen fewer switches on an aeroplane flight deck. Very impressive though
                              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Working...
                              X