roof lights and head lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache
    Hehe, they'd DEFINITELY take a dim view of RED lamps on the front! I've just been on eBay no and bought 20 6000mcd 3mm *white* LEDs for £3.99! Soooo, I'll have some left over if anyone else wants some. I decided to use 'em instead of blue and have 'em come on when I'm on dipped beam.

Vincey-boy... Got your 10mm red LEDs while I was on there.

Vincey-boy???

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Vincey-boy???
      Well there was rumours of 3rd genism the other day
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I can see what he means, it does sound a bit rent-boy'ish
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Vincey-boy does rather infer that YOU, however, are classing him as your female canine companion. Vince, keep your back to the wall mate.

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
            they have a separate swith, they have strobes fitted in them.
            Just incase you thought I'd missed it grandad, swith?

Comment

Well I ain't had no problems so far, some of may have seen em, I run Orange & Blue running lights on me repositioned front Number plate >..

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see em in the Daylight !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                Just incase you thought I'd missed it grandad, swith?
                bugger,i had a bit of a lisp,thought id got away with that,
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

do you think it would be ok to use orange leds as front indicators.do they have to be a certain size.brightness that sort of thing to be mot passable?
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

do you think it would be ok to use orange leds as front indicators.do they have to be a certain size.brightness that sort of thing to be mot passable?
                    I know up to a few years ago, the rules stated vehicle lights had to be filament lamps - even those LED bike lamps were illegal.

Obviously, some vehicles now use them so the rules have changed. Not sure what you can use where though. Would VOSA know?

Comment

I know up to a few years ago, the rules stated vehicle lights had to be filament lamps - even those LED bike lamps were illegal.

Obviously, some vehicles now use them so the rules have changed. Not sure what you can use where though. Would VOSA know?

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uksi_19891796_en_1.htm

Comment

cheers vince.i looked through the requirements for indicators and it doesnt state anywhere that you cant use leds.as long as there is only one light facing forward and it is visible from a certain angle and distance and of a certain wattage then its ok.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

cheers vince.i looked through the requirements for indicators and it doesnt state anywhere that you cant use leds.as long as there is only one light facing forward and it is visible from a certain angle and distance and of a certain wattage then its ok.
                          You'll never get near the wattages / viewing angles stated with a single LED though.

Comment

well guys i fitted them plastic crystal lights to the truck today and im amazed at what a difference its made to the truck.i can now actually see where im going.they look great,and i also fitted my s/s roof bar and roof light too.

looks good mark !!! nice job manage to get mine on , didnt manage to get to get it wired up as it was to late, f#cking trouble we had trying to get a roof bar halfraud [2]didnt have them , well parts of them
                            gary sorted out my other spotlights for me and we put spacers on,
                            just got to wire rooflights then sorted
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

well guys i fitted them plastic crystal lights to the truck today and im amazed at what a difference its made to the truck.i can now actually see where im going.they look great,and i also fitted my s/s roof bar and roof light too.

looks good mark !!! nice job manage to get mine on , didnt manage to get to get it wired up as it was to late, f#cking trouble we had trying to get a roof bar halfraud [2]didnt have them , well parts of them
                              psdid you know got a piece of string hanging from the front of your truck mark

theres a piece of string hanging on the front of your truck mark
                              Last edited by joker??; 4 February 2007, 23:51.
                              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                                Thought I mentioned a bit back that I've got a spare Thule bar here. oh well...

Comment

Working...
                                X