yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent please read and do what you feel you have to!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent please read and do what you feel you have to!!!

i dont know if you guy's have seen this but this is a real petition, i have signed it myself and forwarded it to everyone on my mailing list please do the same!!

Sarah Kennedy was on about this proposed car tax scheme on the radio apparently there is only one month left to register your objection to the 'Pay as you go' road tax.

The petition is on the 10 Downing St website but they didn't tell anybody about it. Therefore at the time of Sarah's comments only 634,919 people had signed it so far and 750,000 signatures are required to stop them introducing it.

This is legit... from the 10 Downing Street's website.

Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do), they will send you an email with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have signed the petition.

Democracy in action?

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working mother who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedom and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website (link below) and pass this on to as many people as possible.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax

Signed that one dude
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

If they do scr@p the introduction of road pricing do you think that will improve things?
      Surely they will devise some other devious means to rob us of our money instead!

In regard to the tracking of vehicle speeds and the possibility of prosecuting speeders, then I personally think this is a good idea. It will help get dangerous drivers off our roads which should save innocent lives and help reduce accidents.
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
        If they do scr@p the introduction of road pricing do you think that will improve things?
        Surely they will devise some other devious means to rob us of our money instead!

In regard to the tracking of vehicle speeds and the possibility of prosecuting speeders, then I personally think this is a good idea. It will help get dangerous drivers off our roads which should save innocent lives and help reduce accidents.
        Sorry, I don't normally rise these debates but that's b*llocks! If I travel at 32mph in a 30mph zone does that make me a dangerous driver? No, I don't think it does but this sort of big brother tactic of constantly monitoring where you are and what you are doing is a breach of our civil liberties.

I AM against speeding and if you are caught doing 40 in a 30 zone you deserve to be fined, simple as that!

My dad is 73 and he got his very first speeding ticket recently and I hate getting in the car with him as he drives so slowly and cautiously, but he was clocked doing 35 in a 30 zone.

We all creep above the speed limit from time to time, you can't be constantly watching the speedometer and if these trackers are fitted then it's possible that within a very short space of time there will be no motorists left as almost everyone will have 12 points on their licence.

Common sense is not normally associated with the law especially where motoring offences are concerned and I doubt if any excuse of 'I was only 1 or 2 miles over the speed' limit will carry much weight with the powers to be.

Okay, okay, I'm calming down now and ending my rant. In short - speeding and dangerous driving -very wrong, tracking and spying on your day to day activities -even worse!
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by PDR

i agree with the tracking if they catch speeding motorist but instead of trackers why don't they just have limiters fitted thet restrict the speed and cannot be removed.
          The trackers are an invasion of privacy and that you cannot go/do what you want without these to55ers knowing where you are 24/7
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
            Sorry, I don't normally rise these debates but that's b*llocks! If I travel at 32mph in a 30mph zone does that make me a dangerous driver? No, I don't think it does but this sort of big brother tactic of constantly monitoring where you are and what you are doing is a breach of our civil liberties.

I AM against speeding and if you are caught doing 40 in a 30 zone you deserve to be fined, simple as that!

My dad is 73 and he got his very first speeding ticket recently and I hate getting in the car with him as he drives so slowly and cautiously, but he was clocked doing 35 in a 30 zone.

We all creep above the speed limit from time to time, you can't be constantly watching the speedometer and if these trackers are fitted then it's possible that within a very short space of time there will be no motorists left as almost everyone will have 12 points on their licence.

Common sense is not normally associated with the law especially where motoring offences are concerned and I doubt if any excuse of 'I was only 1 or 2 miles over the speed' limit will carry much weight with the powers to be.

Okay, okay, I'm calming down now and ending my rant. In short - speeding and dangerous driving -very wrong, tracking and spying on your day to day activities -even worse!
            i think PDR was on about the ar5eholes that are doing 45/50mph in 30mph areas for example not someone like you say is doing 32 in 30 area and people who want to do 100mph plus on the motorways,these are the people who should be targeted

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
              Reality check:

It won't do anything to stop the idiots who don't tax/register/insure their cars, but it will catch Joe Bloggs who lets his speed creep up to 85 on the M25 at 3am.

Plus, it's another plank in the surveillance state - the government knows where you are, where you have been, who you talk to on the phone, what you spend your money on etc etc.

Please register your vote on this petition, if you haven't done already - this proposal is:

a. Another huge bite out of our dwindling privacy and civil liberties
              b. Unnecessary - we already have a pay-as-you-go road pricing system - call Road Fuel Duty
              c. A ludicrously expensive waste of OUR money

[wipes foam off screen]
              Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

it's getting to the point where you won't be allowed to own a car. So does anyone know where I can buy a good horse?
                Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
                  Reality check:

It won't do anything to stop the idiots who don't tax/register/insure their cars, but it will catch Joe Bloggs who lets his speed creep up to 85 on the M25 at 3am.

Plus, it's another plank in the surveillance state - the government knows where you are, where you have been, who you talk to on the phone, what you spend your money on etc etc.

Please register your vote on this petition, if you haven't done already - this proposal is:

a. Another huge bite out of our dwindling privacy and civil liberties
                  b. Unnecessary - we already have a pay-as-you-go road pricing system - call Road Fuel Duty
                  c. A ludicrously expensive waste of OUR money

[wipes foam off screen]
                  All this surveilance was sold to us by the governement under the banner of "protecting us from terrorism" That's great, I now feel safe from terrorists but sh$it scared of the government. I've read 1984 and I'm starting to see that book become less of a work of fiction. Best hide from the thougth police now.
                  Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_b555
                    it's getting to the point where you won't be allowed to own a car. So does anyone know where I can buy a good horse?
                    Ask Tony and Linda

Comment

Done
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I haven't been done for speeding (or anything else!)for 18 years, and i'm damned if I will have a tracker in my car. Not going to happen. Its all about Civil Liberties. If they start taking liberties, I'm going to stop being civil.
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I did say “Dangerous Drivers”….. 31 in a 30 zone may be breaking the law but it is not what anyone would call “Dangerous”.

I had in mind those drivers who do 45 -50 mph past school gates or travel at stupid speeds on the motorways when they think no one is watching.
                          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
                            I did say “Dangerous Drivers”….. 31 in a 30 zone may be breaking the law but it is not what anyone would call “Dangerous”.

I had in mind those drivers who do 45 -50 mph past school gates or travel at stupid speeds on the motorways when they think no one is watching.
                            No offence meant, I was trying to put forward the view that it would not only be dangerous drivers who would be punished. I know someone who was caught doing 49 in a 30 zone and she got a standard fine and 3 penalty points. I fully endorse this action by the police as 19mph over the limit in a 30 zone is indeed dangerous driving.

The point I was making was that ordinary Joe Public who pays his / her road tax, insurance, MOT's their vehicle etc and normally drives in a sensible manner would face the same penalty if they went over the speed limit by 2 or 3 miles per hour because the tracker would pick that up and automatically inform the powers to be. This is what I'm objecting to.

We all make mistakes, a vast majority of us break the speed limit on the motorway at 2am when the roads are quiet. What a tracker will do is take away your ability to judge a situation for yourself.

As an example you're doing 40 on an A class road and the person in front is doing 30. You pull out to overtake and so does the person behind you. The person in front starts to speed up, you can't drop back so you have to put your foot down to get past which takes you above the speed limit. The tracker kicks in, sends a message to whoever, and next thing you know a fixed penalty etc drops through your letterbox!

Right, that's it I've prattled on long enough and my blood pressure is rising so I'll leave the topic open to others. FLAME ON DUDES!
                            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                              I haven't been done for speeding (or anything else!)for 18 years, and i'm damned if I will have a tracker in my car. Not going to happen. Its all about Civil Liberties. If they start taking liberties, I'm going to stop being civil.
                              I agree 110%,I would rather go to prison,but there lies another problem,the prisons are overcrowded,so everyone should just boycott the scheme(if it ever becomes reality).