worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worth

hi all, just a quick one thinking of selling the surf, any ideas whats she's worth? she's a 2.4 manual with a new head, head only done a few months ago. she's got no mods but runs like a dream. all input will help

thanks

Best bet is to check out your local auto trader and compare prices with other surfs in say a 40 mile radius of yourself.
    Personally i would avoid ebay because its used to find a bargain and I've never seen a surf fetch a high price on there.
    I personally would be looking at £2000-£2250ish at a guess for a 89 pre facelift model in great condition. Maybe more as its a manual they attract more attention i found from selling my 1990 preface lift manual!

But good luck with whatever price you choose! just make sure it has a little bit of tax on it and some diesel in the tank!
    Also remember £2495 sounds a lot cheaper then £2500!

Comment

an uneducated guestimate...
      ... £1800-£2800 and the theoretical reasoning (in my mind at least)

assuming it's in good condition with MOT & Tax, and the paperwork showing it's a modified head that's been fitted the average for a 2.4 is probably around £2250-£2500, but because it's a manual someone looking for the rarer manual may be willing to part with a little more cash to get that over an auto. Obviously worse condition/higher mileage=less ££££. I wouldn't like to push for too much though as 3.0l are going for as little as £3000.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Ohhhh!! another thing.....is it Red with the Red insides that looks like someones been bleeding all over it? because if it is you cant give those away around this area

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
          Ohhhh!! another thing.....is it Red with the Red insides that looks like someones been bleeding all over it? because if it is you cant give those away around this area
          bwahaha! way to cheer him up!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Ah SO!

You have Yakusa 'Hit' Truck....we loss dat a while ago...many sharp edges hit sides as we drive by swipey heads of.

Should an oriental gentleman call to view your truck watch our for sudden moves....

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
              hi all, just a quick one thinking of selling the surf, any ideas whats she's worth? she's a 2.4 manual with a new head, head only done a few months ago. she's got no mods but runs like a dream. all input will help

thanks
              It depends on how long you're willing to wait. As a guide, my old (pre-facelift) 2.4 which had no mods but had a new head, new exhaust, fresh MOT and a complete service went for £1,700 but that was an ebay 5 day job.

Manual may help, but you have to find someone that wants it.

I would advertsie at £2k and take offers.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                bwahaha! way to cheer him up!

Well i always try to put a happy spin on things in life .....

Comment

Well i always try to put a happy spin on things in life .....
                  I paid £2100 for my manual surf in the awesome colour of burgundy,complete with new head ,service and mot plus six months tax
                  SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

Working...
                  X