Excuse me, Mr Apache....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuse me, Mr Apache....

How are you with radio controlled cars? I've recently acquired one that doesn't work, and would like to get an opinion on just how knackered it is, before deciding whether to ditch it or not...

I know of a few obvious problems, but would you be interested in having a deeper look?
    It just does, OK?

Dont mind at all.

Give me a few clues as to what it does and doesn't do, and a basic description of what it is?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      Give me a few clues as to what it does and doesn't do, and a basic description of what it is?
      Now where is the fun in that? Keep him guessing Dave.

Comment

Battery powered, 'ThunderFox car'

At the moment, it doesn't do anything.

I know the on/off switch is buggered, but that isn't the problem!

As far as I know, the power TO the circuit board is there, but the neutral return isn't. Can't work out where it should be connected to.

I have had the motor running, with the help of a couple of bits of wire, but then I get stumped. I do know a bit about electronics, but only if I've got a nice cct diagram to follow!!

Also, the aerial wire has become disconnected, but that's no problem at all. At least, it wouldn't be, if I hadn't lent my soldering iron to someone else....

I could pop it up to Worcester tomorrow, if you fancy having a look?????
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
          Now where is the fun in that? Keep him guessing Dave.
          It just does, OK?

Comment

I'm off to Tony's place tomorrow and out tomorrow night after 7pm, but I'm around evenings the rest of the week. Happy to have a look at it for you. I have loads of RC gear so could test the bits of the car connected to known working kit which should make it easy to find the broken bits.

And in Malvern so a bit closer to you than Worcester.

Comment

OK, I could maybe pop up tomorrow evening?

The control board is very old, though. I'm not sure it'd be a case of 'swapping bits'!!
              It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                OK, I could maybe pop up tomorrow evening?

The control board is very old, though. I'm not sure it'd be a case of 'swapping bits'!!
                Well, if you make it around 6pm I should be around. Give me a call. I'll PM you our number.

Comment

Cheers!

Here's a few pics to give you a head start. Let me know if it's a no-no.
                  It just does, OK?

Comment

You never told me it was a 'Radiogestuurde buggy'!!

It's hard to say without having it in front of me really. Just hope no-one has tried to fix it by 'tightening the screws in those silver cans'

I've had people bring radios to me telling me they've tightened all the srews up (pointing to the ferrite cores of the inductors) - game over!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      You never told me it was a 'Radiogestuurde buggy'!!

It's hard to say without having it in front of me really. Just hope no-one has tried to fix it by 'tightening the screws in those silver cans'

I've had people bring radios to me telling me they've tightened all the srews up (pointing to the ferrite cores of the inductors) - game over!
                      No, the sealant is still on all the ferrite cores(as far as I can tell.....)!!

Still fancy having a look?
                      It just does, OK?

Comment

do you know much about Losi's Apache?
                        Tim
                        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Yeah, if you dont mind dropping it off I'll take a look.

Like I say, tomorrow night time will be tight (hey, poetry!) but I'm around evenings for the rest of the week, and the weekend. Leave it with me and I'll have a play.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                            do you know much about Losi's Apache?
                            About whatis?

Comment

Don't suppose you'll be anywhere near J12 of the M5 on your way down to Tony's tomorrow??!!??!!
                              It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
                              X