Nobs on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobs on

Does anyone have 2-4 nobs for a gas Hob. Colour etc doesn't matter. I think their pretty universal.
    Need urgently. Tried the tip, but as usual, just because you need it can't find any.
    Thanks Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

If you cannot find any try Maplin Electronics as they supply knobs etc. Don't know if there is one near you but one in Basildon and Thurrock. Sure they mail order. Good luck

Comment

Its spelt KNOBS
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
        Does anyone have 2-4 nobs for a gas Hob. Colour etc doesn't matter. I think their pretty universal.
        Need urgently. Tried the tip, but as usual, just because you need it can't find any.
        Thanks Philip
        that seems a good deal there Phillip.We have plenty of nobs around here you can have and at least i can sell the cooker and get some money back......lol
        p.s its nice to see your not racist either wanting any color
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          that seems a good deal there Phillip.We have plenty of nobs around here you can have and at least i can sell the cooker and get some money back......lol
          p.s its nice to see your not racist either wanting any color
          I can see another 'goody' coming
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what he's referring to.

Comment

The Knobs (notice the K) for a gas hob. The push on ones which usually push on to piece metal which is semi circular. Will look to see if Maplins near West London.

Out of interest, emailed Mayor of Richmond today, pretending i was thinking about moviving to the borough. Explained i have 4x4, but use 50/50 fuel, making my 4Runner extremely enviromental.

Copy of reply and second email i sent to him, below.

-----Original Message-----
              Sent: 30 January 2007 11:22
              To: Cllr Serge Lourie
              Subject: RE: Emissions

Dear Serge,
              Thank you for quick reply, but unfortunately I am non the wiser. The car is a 3 ltr diesel 1996, but as mentioned it runs on 50 vegetable oil/50 diesel, biodiesel which makes it much safer environmentally speaking than even most smaller cars. Emissions from vegetable oil have proved to be harmless and in fact is beneficial to plant life. It would appear that Mr Livingstone is very environmentally aware these days, so why, if I have to, should it cost me more in Richmond to run my very clean car, even though it's a 3 ltr vehicle. Thanks
              Philip Brodie

Thank you

I will send this email to the expert for response

Serge Lourie
              Leader
              LB Richmond upon Thames
              Still Searching,
              Dick Whittington

Comment

i'll take a look at the local recycling place in the morning and see if they have anything there for you Phillip and let you know tomorrow if i got them.Is it the ones just for the rings or for the grill and oven aswell

Comment

The Knobs (notice the K) for a gas hob. The push on ones which usually push on to piece metal which is semi circular. Will look to see if Maplins near West London.
                  The ones with the flat section as a locator and to prevent it spinning? I think those spindles are larger than you'll find on a standard potentiometer knob. You'll probably be best off looking for the ones with the grub screw through the side. They tend to cater for larger spindles.

Comment

Just for the rings, but just called Maplins and they have them. Will take old one in and see if its OK, there only 55p each.
                    Thanks for the offer and will let you know if Maplis knobs are no good.
                    Thanks Philip
                    Still Searching,
                    Dick Whittington

Comment

Just for the rings, but just called Maplins and they have them. Will take old one in and see if its OK, there only 55p each.
                      Thanks for the offer and will let you know if Maplis knobs are no good.
                      Thanks Philip
                      so i take it then the swap is off then

Comment

if all else fails try halfrauds(that place is full of nobs).sorry had to say it.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                          if all else fails try halfrauds(that place is full of nobs).sorry had to say it.
                          So's the place he's getting them from.

Comment

Working...
                          X