Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da SLUG man
    twin axle trailer
    Now that makes sense. No wonder I couldn't grasp you're initial meaning. Thought it was weird a solid axle having any bearing.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      "PORTAPOKIE"
      That one must work wonders with the women.

Comment

On a new licence you need to do a separate trailer test to tow anything over 750kg, or, i think it's half the weight of the towing vehicle whichever is least.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
          On a new licence you need to do a separate trailer test to tow anything over 750kg, or, i think it's half the weight of the towing vehicle whichever is least.
          yeah, any license after 1997... you can tow up to 750kg. and vehicles up to 3500kg

or do part B+E to tow more.
          or C1 for 3500kg+ vehicles
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I am fully aware of the towing regulations in regards to the driving licence. It's something that I intend to do in the near future. However, you must also remember that I may not be the one wanting to do the towing.

So the Hilux is restricted to a piddly 1.75 tonnes?
            1970 Land Rover 2A - 2.25 Litre 'Ragtop'

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_P
              I am fully aware of the towing regulations in regards to the driving licence. It's something that I intend to do in the near future. However, you must also remember that I may not be the one wanting to do the towing.

the answer to that then is stick to your rust buckets

immature or wind up ???
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Wind up? About what in particular?

Genuinely I thought the Hilux could tow more than 1.75 tonnes...

Comment

I think I have just realised what it is that I got muddled up on. The Hilux is a 'middle-weight' vehicle while the Land Cruiser is a 'heavy-weight', am I right?

Comment

I think I have just realised what it is that I got muddled up on. The Hilux is a 'middle-weight' vehicle while the Land Cruiser is a 'heavy-weight', am I right?
                    correct! the land cruiser is your pikey wagon, not in a bad way but some of those caravans are enormous and weigh as much as a small cornish village..

the surf is a glorified builders yute.
                    The benchmark....

Comment

I have towed a 1tonne trailer with a 2 tonne surf on it with a 2.4 a little slow up steep hills but fine once moving.
                      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Right then. That helps clear up my misunderstanding by a huge degree. I thought the Hilux was also a 'heavy-weight' type. Ooops.

Would you say a standard Hilux would fit through the typical garage entrance? Hmm, I think the closest example of the tallest vehicle that would still go in fairly easily would be the Range Rover Classic. So what's the standard roof line comparison in height?

Comment

Right then. That helps clear up my misunderstanding by a huge degree. I thought the Hilux was also a 'heavy-weight' type. Ooops.

Would you say a standard Hilux would fit through the typical garage entrance? Hmm, I think the closest example of the tallest vehicle that would still go in fairly easily would be the Range Rover Classic. So what's the standard roof line comparison in height?
                          The standard height of the surf is just under 6'
                          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

think the rangey is taller, more shed like, the surf is quite a wide load, well mine is, you can get skinny's, without the arch kit. i wouldnt get mine in my garage though, it's full of stuff lol
                            The benchmark....

Comment

Splendid, thanks again people.

Comment

I have a 4" lift and it still gets into my dads garage, with room to spaire, when i get sick of fixing it oudside! (or when i brake it and need to get the old man to help me fix it )
                                it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
                                X