No announcement yet.

Cool Video....Even if it is a Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The editing of that vid was sh1te , fade to black every 5 seconds, gave up watching, Jackass generation
    Former owner of 94 Surf SSR-X 3.0 TD

Comment

Just wondering, What was that trick one of em did with that deflated tyre?
      looked like he squrted lighter fuel on it and set it alight, and the tyre re-flated, is it some old school tyre fitters trick? looked a bit dodgy to me,
      If it was on public land and they burnt it out and left it then yes the vid should be sent to the cops, (who will probably do f**kall about it,)
      You can just imageine the mileage the anti 4x4'ers will get out of this if they get their hands on the video, and we'll all be tarred with the same brush!
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

The tyre thing is hairspray. Spray loads in behind the bead and then stand back and ignite. The flash fire will re-seat the bead and inflate the tyre in one go.

At this point I should say, if you burn your eyebrows off trying this, Don't blame me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
          The tyre thing is hairspray. Spray loads in behind the bead and then stand back and ignite. The flash fire will re-seat the bead and inflate the tyre in one go.

At this point I should say, if you burn your eyebrows off trying this, Don't blame me!!!
          Hehehe trust a 3rd gen owner to know that

(none indended)
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
            Fairly irresponsible really. No wonder offroaders have a bad name.

Ideal material for the Antis- crashing the thing into trees etc.

I just hope it was private land and not someones stolen pride & joy....
            Theres always one bad apple to spoil the barrel. Thats why i gave up MOTOX.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar

I've seen Icelanders (I reckon they're the craziest 4x4ers around, even madder than the Yanks) doing that trick, but they do use lighter fluid.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                I've seen Icelanders (I reckon they're the craziest 4x4ers around, even madder than the Yanks) doing that trick, but they do use lighter fluid.
                Should think any fluid where it's the vapours, rather than the fluid, which ignites, should work.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  And what if it was their vehicle and on private property which they had permission to be upon, and do what they did?

If the vehicle was stolen, or they did it upon public/private land for which they had no permission to do it on, fine, it's wrong.

If it wasn't the latter, however, how's your argument any different to other segments of society that wish to deny private individuals there right to do as they choose for their own personal pleasure within the limits of the law?

F*ck the anti-brigade. They're sad tw@ts anyhow. People harping on about how it's giving them fuel, whilst complaining about someone elses personal enjoyment preferences are no better. Where do I send the bobble hat to?
                  Not quite sure if you got the point I was making. Whether the activity was legal not- the fact that video exists on the web does nothing AT ALL to promote the cause of responsible offroading in the UK.
                  It could be quite easily used out of context.

The clip is an old one and has been posted around other 4x4 forums often. I deliberately never linked it to here because it deserves mininmum publicity.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                    they arnt on private land, they are in andover in hants, and the burnt out wreck is still there. in my opinion they are scum and the video should be forwarded to the police.
                    Thanks for clarifying that.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                      Not quite sure if you got the point I was making. Whether the activity was legal not- the fact that video exists on the web does nothing AT ALL to promote the cause of responsible offroading in the UK.
                      It could be quite easily used out of context.
                      Firstly, (even though nobody bothered mentioning initially that it was on public property and had been burnt out), I'll apologise for being overly responsive.

However, I never took it out of context or missed the point. I'll reiterate. If that had been someones own vehicle on their own or someone elses property for which they had permission to do what they did, all the best, hope they had fun. As was later pointed out, however, it was not. So, on that specific example I'll digress.

However, saying that affects the whole 4x4 scene is nonsense. The anal's will jump on anything to try to promote their cause. If someone wants to do something like the above, and does so legally, that's their prerogative. For anyone to say that reflects badly upon the rest of us is, again, no better than the judgemental attitudes used by the anti's. It's their choice, (within legal limits). Would you tar all road users as w@nkers because of the growing minority of ignorant, dangerous b@stards that are using the roads these days? No, you would not. You find nobheads in any area of life. They never will and never do reflect upon the whole. The only people who would ever try to use that as an argument are the bobble hatted anti's, and we know already that truth or relevance never has any sway in most of their arguments.

Even giving this a second thought, other than to appreciate how much stick that Jeep did actually endure before dying, is a lesson in folly, and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                        Firstly, (even though nobody bothered mentioning initially that it was on public property and had been burnt out), I'll apologise for being overly responsive.

However, I never took it out of context or missed the point. I'll reiterate. If that had been someones own vehicle on their own or someone elses property for which they had permission to do what they did, all the best, hope they had fun. As was later pointed out, however, it was not. So, on that specific example I'll digress.

However, saying that affects the whole 4x4 scene is nonsense. The anal's will jump on anything to try to promote their cause. If someone wants to do something like the above, and does so legally, that's their prerogative. For anyone to say that reflects badly upon the rest of us is, again, no better than the judgemental attitudes used by the anti's. It's their choice, (within legal limits). Would you tar all road users as w@nkers because of the growing minority of ignorant, dangerous b@stards that are using the roads these days? No, you would not. You find nobheads in any area of life. They never will and never do reflect upon the whole. The only people who would ever try to use that as an argument are the bobble hatted anti's, and we know already that truth or relevance never has any sway in most of their arguments.

Even giving this a second thought, other than to appreciate how much stick that Jeep did actually endure before dying, is a lesson in folly, and nothing more.

(Michael Winner voice) "Calm down dear, it's just a video!"

p.s. right on brother!

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                          Hehehe trust a 3rd gen owner to know that

(none indended)
                          Hey!!!!!

The 3rd gen is sold. Looking for an LC80 now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            (Michael Winner voice) "Calm down dear, it's just a video!"
                            The doomed jeep makes it's first appearance in this mountain biking video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU0C80Vyrmo

Equally insane stuff- you could call it fun or irresponsible- MattF we will just have to disagree on this one!

In the original upload to YouTube the guy does indeed claim the Jeep is an MOT write off.

Comment

fair game the guy on the bike is doing no harm but its these guys in the jeep and other cars that help privite land owner decide to put up gates and close great play areas off to us responable people who just like to have a bit of fun and tidy up after

Comment

WOW.....!!!

That mountain biking stuff was fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X