Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colway or Kingpin

About to buy new wheels and tyres got around £400 to spend
    I think I have chosen the wheels (chrome Modular jobbies from bronco 4x4)

But the problem I now have is tyres I don't know whether to go for Colway At's or Kingpin KPC All terrains.

So need advice which to go for. Help please!

Alternatively if any one has a decent set of wheels tyres for sale let me Know!
    Thanks
    Those Damn cables!

Originally posted by Ollie
    About to buy new wheels and tyres got around £400 to spend
    I think I have chosen the wheels (chrome Modular jobbies from bronco 4x4)

But the problem I now have is tyres I don't know whether to go for Colway At's or Kingpin KPC All terrains.

So need advice which to go for. Help please!

Alternatively if any one has a decent set of wheels tyres for sale let me Know!
    Thanks
    I've got the Colway At's on mine and i've found them perfectly ok on and off road.They've been on the truck nearly 2years now and still plenty of tread on them. For remoulds i think they are ok as i have never liked remoulds till i had these.
    I have never heard of Kingpin kpc's

If your getting the chrome wheels then make sure you laquer them before fitting as they will rust very quickly like mine did and i ended up painting them black
    Last edited by stormforce; 27 January 2007, 15:13.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i have the kingpins, they are the same as the colways mate, choose on price only. plenty of grip off road. but if i was buying again i would be looking at insa turbo special tracks on 16in wheels. as they only do them in 16's. fantastic grip in the muddy stuff.
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

heres a pic of the kingpins mate, both them and the colways are copies of the BFG Muds, but without the aggressive sidewall lugs.

very pleased with them, paid 192 for fitted from formula 4x4.

TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

just noticed you wanted a/t's ignore my posts...

not that anyone ever takes any notice anyway
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

I have had colways A/T and have lated me well pver 2 and half years [off-road, greenlane and general day-to-day driving]

Have you had a look on the Roughtrax website, they were doing BFG AT tyres for £57+del+vat

Or try www.formula4x4.com or www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com [cost me £250 plus vat for White 8 spoke rims and tyres, balanced and fitted as I went to pick em up.
            Gaz

Comment

here's a pic of the Colway AT's on the chrome rims from www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com 01677 425555

with next day delivery if oredered b4 midday i paid i think it was £360 inc hubs and wheel nuts
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                here's a pic of the Colway AT's on the chrome rims from www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com 01677 425555

with next day delivery if oredered b4 midday i paid i think it was £360 inc hubs and wheel nuts

they look like a copy of the BFG A/T's i used to have on. a good cross over tyre
                TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

I've got the Colway A/Ts, good allrounders, little road noise and adequate offroad.
                  I've had them on for 2 years and still loads of life in them.
                  As for the chrome modulars, I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole I had a set on for about 2 months and they rusted all the way round on the outer rim, took them back to the dealer and had alloys instead.
                  Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X