About to take the plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to take the plunge

Further to my previous post on thinking of buying a Surf, thanks to all the helpful info on this site I have found a 3rd gen that seems to fit the bill. Hopefully will be shaking hands on it this weekend.
    Its a 97 intercooled model - I wasn't initially looking for an intercooled Surf is there any extra things I should look out for on it before my purchase?

check the little cubby hole and make sure you have a hairdryer where the jack is supposed to be.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

dont shake hands on it this weekend or any other weekend

as the bonnet will buckle,
      ps where are you buying it from ??is it local as noticed you are a neighbour
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

How are the members going to know if you are a sexy chick if you don't use your real name???

I bet the "Hen" part gives this away.

Go on, we are dying to know!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sclerotic Hen
          Further to my previous post on thinking of buying a Surf, thanks to all the helpful info on this site I have found a 3rd gen that seems to fit the bill. Hopefully will be shaking hands on it this weekend.
          Its a 97 intercooled model - I wasn't initially looking for an intercooled Surf is there any extra things I should look out for on it before my purchase?
          Hello Where in croydon are you
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Sclerotic Hen
            In the absence of sensible replies as usual I'd say things to look out for would be better fuel economy and more power than a standard 3.0TD, and a more civilised drive than a 2nd gen.

You being a girl, you'll appreciate that (kidding)

Oh, and you get a free set of tongs and a hairdryer.

Nah, just messin. Whatever people say, the 3rd gen is a nice piece of kit from my limited experience. It just does look a bit 'chelsea tractor' compared to the 'hairshirt' 1st and 2nd gens.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

As you are in one of the SPEED CAMERA CAPITALS be careful as the Intercooled Model is very fast.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                As you are in one of the SPEED CAMERA CAPITALS be careful as the Intercooled Model is very fast.
                not as fast as some 2nd gens though.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                  not as fast as some 2nd gens though.
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                  X