Spare wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare wheel

I had a puncture yesterday and when coming to put the spare on found I only have the three nuts for this wheel which fasten it to the spare carrier on the rear. These nuts are different to the ones that on the truck.
    They have like a flat washer on the end that fits into a round flat on the wheel.

Does anyone know if these are the standard nuts if so are they readily available. (I need another three)The wheel is also 15inch whereas the the ones on the truck are 16 inch will this make much difference when using it as a spare.
    Thanks for any help
    Trust your Hound.

Originally posted by Taliesins
    I had a puncture yesterday and when coming to put the spare on found I only have the three nuts for this wheel which fasten it to the spare carrier on the rear. These nuts are different to the ones that on the truck.
    They have like a flat washer on the end that fits into a round flat on the wheel.

Does anyone know if these are the standard nuts if so are they readily available. (I need another three)The wheel is also 15inch whereas the the ones on the truck are 16 inch will this make much difference when using it as a spare.
    Thanks for any help
    you can get them from milners.They are the protruding type and the item no.005263 and £1.50 +p&p +vat

i think it's all to do with the tyre size and not the wheel
    Last edited by stormforce; 24 January 2007, 14:27.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      i think it's all to do with the tyre size and not the wheel
      Correct. Stand the two tyres next to each other, and they should be the same height (or as near as poss).. If they're different heights, you should replace the spare tyre with a correct sized one..
      It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
      X