@ Slugsie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Slugsie

Got business up at Spadeadam tomorrow, but staying at the Dalmingin as I have business at BAE Warton on Thursday morn. If you fancy a pint give me a yell!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

In fact, any surfers in the blackpool / st-annes area, give me a shout if you fancy a pint tomorrow night. I'll be able to check the forum cos they have wireless access at the Dalmeny

Comment

That's my old stamping ground - what you doing up there???

Used to work at 'The Ranch' if you know the place well

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        Got business up at Spadeadam tomorrow, but staying at the Dalmingin as I have business at BAE Warton on Thursday morn. If you fancy a pint give me a yell!
        Bugger, I'm not free tonight.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Ah well!

Think I'll head off for a curry again in the Indian you recommended last time.

Bl00dy freezin up at Spade' today. Snow blowing across the moors up there. Glad to be away. Not very familiar with the place, and dont know the area you speak of Andy. I was at 'the hill' if that means anything? Where their air traffic control is?

Comment

Yep, remember it all very well as I spent 3 years there!
            'The Ranch' is located on the main road to Berry Hill and used to be my old section building. It's now run by civvies and provides some of the kit used by those who live up at the 'Hill'.
            It was good fun working there, but the social life sucked being so far from anything!!

(For the rest of you Spade is located on the A69 about half way between Carlisle and Newcastle)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dawson
              (For the rest of you Spade is located on the A69 about half way between Carlisle and Newcastle)
              Which roughly translates to "If you go to the middle of nowhere, then throw out all of your reminders of home, you'd be somewhere near as bleak"

Joking aside, the scenery from the roof of the Berry Hill building is as spectacular as anywhere. Bleak yes, but spectacular nontheless. I could live there, in that village you pass though on the way from the A69 - if it had a pub.

Comment

Yep, remember it all very well as I spent 3 years there!
                'The Ranch' is located on the main road to Berry Hill and used to be my old section building. It's now run by civvies and provides some of the kit used by those who live up at the 'Hill'.
                It was good fun working there, but the social life sucked being so far from anything!!

So let me guess, you're employed on 'the plain' now? I have more experience of that place than 'Spade', but then, I have even more experience of Pendine and Shoeburyness. All feckin miserable this time of year!

Comment

Nah, I just play on the plain in me surf. Currently working at Blandford Camp (commute in every day).

Been to places far bleaker than spade - spent 18 months up at Saxa Vord (Shetlands) 27 1/2 hour commute including 3 ferries.

Your right about the view though and they have the most amazing thunder-storms!

Comment

Nah, I just play on the plain in me surf. Currently working at Blandford Camp (commute in every day).

Been to places far bleaker than spade - spent 18 months up at Saxa Vord (Shetlands) 27 1/2 hour commute including 3 ferries.

Your right about the view though and they have the most amazing thunder-storms!
                    Furthest north I've been in UK is probably RAR Hebrides. Now thats pretty bleak.

Been to Gagetown (Canada). We had to drive about 30 miles ON the range before we got to the firing area. Ranges are big out there.

Yuma is probably the biggest I've been to though - about 200 miles a side, and hotter than hell at 45C+ n the summer!

Comment

Working...
                    X