urgent, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent, need help

rear passenger window went down today but wouldnt go back up.

took window mechanism out and motor.

got everything back in and working. NOW

whats the best way to get the glass back into the rubber channel where the glass meets the mechanism.

many thanks
    Last edited by scotty; 23 January 2007, 20:37.

If you've removed the inner plastic from the top of the back door the glass should go straight in no probs. With the boot open insert the glass and tip it to one side and put one side into the runner then do the opposite side the same way. Dont have the mechanism fixed to the door when doing it or it gets very hairy and knuckles can become removed from digits. I learn't this the hard way.
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

cheers mate, but its the rear passenger window not the boot window.

thanks agian

cheers scotty

Comment

Ignore everything i just said. Pull the rubber out from the metal channel, lay it flat across the width of the channel and drop the glass into the rubber and push the glass into the channel which in turn will push the rubber in too.
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
          If you've removed the inner plastic from the top of the back door the glass should go straight in no probs. With the boot open insert the glass and tip it to one side and put one side into the runner then do the opposite side the same way. Dont have the mechanism fixed to the door when doing it or it gets very hairy and knuckles can become removed from digits. I learn't this the hard way.
          Aha, I was just about to search for that info when I read this, cheers Ant! My rear window has that naff film on it and I can't see a thing as it's so badly scratched. There's a rear window for sale on eBay but I'm a bit wary of buying something so fragile which has to be posted.

(See, all you doubters, I DO know how to use the search function!)

Ooh, ooh, I've just used it again and found out you can remove the film.

Damn! I'm good!

Copycat 'the artist formerly known as kameeleon'.
          Last edited by Scorpion; 24 January 2007, 02:33.
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
          X