What's this roughly worth?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this roughly worth?...

An L reg Hilux, 79k (import though, so it's about 130ish km's), seemingly top of the range but dont the exact spec, and dont know what engine eg petrol/diesel ect yet, But could I have a rough figure to work with?

Condition wise, I few on the arch's from what I can see, but cant see anything else.

If its a 3.0TD, £3-3.5K for private sale, anything under £3K is a bargain, over £4K wants to be good Dealer with unlimited warrenty!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

And £1,500 to £2,500 (at the very most) for a 2.4 depending on whether the head's been replaced.

Very limited market for the petrol ones (unless they've been converted to LPG). Probably about £2,000 to £2,500 depending on whether the HGs have been done.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        If its a 3.0TD, £3-3.5K for private sale, anything under £3K is a bargain, over £4K wants to be good Dealer with unlimited warrenty!!

I know now that it's a 3.0TD, and an auto...

How good/bad are auto's??, and should I be looking for any service hitory?

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Harry

Most are autos. They're generally excellent.

If it's been in the UK a while, the more history the better as always. If it's fresh import, get as much import paperwork as poss.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Harry

Well they are good if like me you have had enough of changing gear, and when you jump on the throttle the world does tend to spin backwards

The bad news is that they are heavier on fuel than an equivilent manual.

There has been some posts on here over gearbox problems, but it seems to be more about the electronic side of the gearbox rather than the manual.

I've had mine 2 years and apart from general servicing items (& a new head) it's been reliable as hell, it's towed the caravan & a b100dy great trailer with another surf on.

If you buy it check the usual, and consider flushing & changing the coolant, thermostat & rad cap, and yes it seems that 3.0 heads do crack!
            Last edited by coolsv650; 23 January 2007, 14:41. Reason: swear word!
            Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
            X