Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our local paper...

...reporting on the recent floods.

Apparently, the main road into Upton was closed last week when the Severn burst its banks (it was, I saw the steel barriers) because due to 6" of water the road. Police said "the road is impassable in motor vehicles or on foot"

Eh??

I reckon a blinkin lotus elise would get through! What are they? Man or mouse???

They should have tried the back road! It got over 4ft on one day!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Damned police have started doing it here in Warks too. Talk about the 'Nanny State'....again the waters were only 6" deep yet the officer told me it's for 'public safety' when clearly any 4x4 would have got through easily.

Comment

I did an inspection on a 2 day old Nissan 350Z on Friday . The guy took his wife out in his new 'mid life crisis' car and promptley drove over a bridge , but unfortunatly for him the river bank had burst the other side of the bridge and he drove upto the door glass height into the flood .
      He had to open the door and let the water in so he could go round to the other side to rescue his wife .
      240 miles on the clock , £27600 of water soaked 350Z written off . He also blew the engine .
      I dont think even Jon would not have gone that deep .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Up to the door glass?!

What a berk!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          Up to the door glass?!

What a berk!

Yep , tide line to prove it . Done some others before where the glovebox is still full of water . Worst ones are sewer water .

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            I did an inspection on a 2 day old Nissan 350Z on Friday . The guy took his wife out in his new 'mid life crisis' car and promptley drove over a bridge , but unfortunatly for him the river bank had burst the other side of the bridge and he drove upto the door glass height into the flood .
            He had to open the door and let the water in so he could go round to the other side to rescue his wife .
            240 miles on the clock , £27600 of water soaked 350Z written off . He also blew the engine .
            I dont think even Jon would not have gone that deep .
            i would of loved to of been there to see that.I bet his mrs wasn't happy either..
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              Yep , tide line to prove it . Done some others before where the glovebox is still full of water . Worst ones are sewer water .
              I find it hard to believe some people can be that thick!

Comment

lol how funny is that
                The benchmark....

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  I find it hard to believe some people can be that thick!
                  A lot of these vehicles are ones tourists park by the Thames at various locations , they forget to check the lamp posts for flood warnings at certain times of the year . A perfect looking road that leads to the Thames can become your vehicles watery grave !

Comment

The minibus I found broken down in 2ft of flood water a couple of weeks back had driven around a 'road closed due to flooding ' sign that was practically blocking the road!

I had to put two wheels on the grass bank to get past the sign! (and two wheels on the edge of the submerged ditch to get past the minibus!)

Comment

TonyN wanted to drive through this one the other week!!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                      X