Where to buy a jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy a jack?

Anyone got suggestions on the best place to buy a decent workshop trolley Jack for the Surf? Screwfix have a '4x4' jack with max height of 530mm for £49 but just wondering if there are some better options out there? Anyone bought a good one recently?
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

machinemart do a quicklift jack 3ton so do argos
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I've recently taken delivery of the next model up that screwfix do for 59GBP. I picked it cause it's the same model I borrowed from work when I did the suspension lift.
      Where the handle is a reasonable length you don't need as much brut force to jack the truck up, also you don't need to remove the handle to lower the jack. The lowering mechanisum is built in, just like in a proper garage, this means you have a bit more control when lowering.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
        machinemart do a quicklift jack 3ton so do argos
        Got mine from Machinemart too.
        http://www.machinemart.co.uk/ranges.asp?g=107&r=2047.
        Trust your Hound.

Comment

www.sealey.co.uk have got a sale on, some of it's a bit OTT though for a home mechanic
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Costco do a nice 3 ton trolley jack - but cant remeber how much i paid for it
            Landcruiser Colorado
            Sub. Forester

Comment

best flapjacks are at waitrose.
              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

who started me looking through the sealey site? I'm getting tempted by this http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilde...motionID=31405 there's nothing really in it that i haven't got, but the chests alone normally cost more than that.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
                  Costco do a nice 3 ton trolley jack - but cant remeber how much i paid for it
                  i got the old costco jack (blue)... it's rubbish!... the teeth of the lowering gears don't meet so you have to use a srewdriver!!

the new one they do (silver) looks really good though!!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                  X