Veg oil Heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg oil Heaters

Fella's, can anyone comment on the technical properties i.e. bogus or dodgyness of this product and suitability of fitting to my truck. Thanks in anticipation. Simon

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOW2F-Veg-oil-...QQcmdZViewItem

i heard the following

NOTE: I have no experience of these.

I was talking to a guy who makes and sells bio-diesel AND SVO blended and he said the problems with cold fuel SVO / blend are that its too thick for the pump. hence run on deisel then swap to SVO when the PUMP has heated up. Adding a glow-plug type heater before the pump doesnt help as the fuel warms up then hits 4kg of COLD metal pump, so it instantly cools down, thus you loose the effect of pre-heating the fuel. Heat after the pump and the pump still struggles.

so... HE said they glow heater type systems are not very good.
    but I have no experience so i'm just passing on the info.
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hornet
      Fella's, can anyone comment on the technical properties i.e. bogus or dodgyness of this product and suitability of fitting to my truck. Thanks in anticipation. Simon

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOW2F-Veg-oil-...QQcmdZViewItem
      Looks like a GCSE technology project.

Why not get in touch with Philip about a heated Fuelcat?

Comment

fuelcat will still have the same problems though really as you need the coolant to be warm before the veg is heated.
        ive got a fuelcat and after its up to temp its fine but before that its not happy at all.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Veg Heater

I would like to have a heater which heats veg oil before first starting, but i wouldnt buy anything from this guy, as first rule in business, is don't slag of the competition, which he appears to do all the time.
          As many will know, i sell the Combo unit, but have never at any time said it helps with starting.
          I am still running on 50/50, maybe there is one advantage in living in London.
          Its usually warmer.
          Philip
          Still Searching,
          Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
            I would like to have a heater which heats veg oil before first starting, but i wouldnt buy anything from this guy, as first rule in business, is don't slag of the competition, which he appears to do all the time.
            As many will know, i sell the Combo unit, but have never at any time said it helps with starting.
            I am still running on 50/50, maybe there is one advantage in living in London.
            Its usually warmer.
            Philip
            not doing the petrol thing anymore phil? im thinking of giving it another go, only tried it once.
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Still doing the petrol THING.
              Still Searching,
              Dick Whittington

Comment

i used to have one of these on my diesel van, i bought one with the water heater too, so when the switch was flicked it heated up both the water and the veg oil, and then the water was pumped around, end result, warm heaters as well.
                i obviously declared the fuel tax of course.

Comment

I just salvaged another heat exchanger from a combi (looks better con'd and easier to fit than the first one i got) preheating it would seem to be a problem though, as far as i can see it'd have to be done electrically and thats got to drain the battery? did you find any probs with that firemansam,
                  Was all set to get one of Philips units but the money plans did'nt work out
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                  X