Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apaches in the news

Royal Marines. Much respect lads!

Not sure I'd wanna be *inside* one of those things over Afghanistan, let alone strapped to the outside!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Hugh respect for The RM, they are the muts nuts. How many mates do you know who would dangle from a big chopper to get a mate out the $hit. Good on em
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

The mutt's nuts? Completely nuts! Hanging onto the OUTSIDE of an Apache?

Mucho respect to the RM guys for trying to get their mate out alive - the fact that they got there too late takes nothing away from the effort and from the sheer brass balls to try something like that
      Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Abso bl**dy lutely...

We need more of those sort of stories please...
        General public need to hear what these folks are up against...
        And the fact that they are getting the job done and delivering every single time regardless of the lack of resources the government present them with.

Maximum effort...

Immensely proud of them...

Comment

hard as $$$$in nails and twice as mad.
          respect.
          prayers for the fallen.
          i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

To bloo*y right.

I have worked with the RM when I was in the Army. They are a top bunch of lads.

For guys to strap themselves onto the outside of an Apache so they could recover their mate (and that's what it's all about) is nothing short of insane. But, to leave their mate behind with those pigs was worse.

These lads deserve the VC for this. Lets not forget the aircrew either. It took balls to throw every rule out of the window to do this.

British Forces, best in the world? Too fuc*ing right.
            Last edited by M35A2; 17 January 2007, 23:44.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
              Abso bl**dy lutely...

We need more of those sort of stories please...
              General public need to hear what these folks are up against...
              And the fact that they are getting the job done and delivering every single time regardless of the lack of resources the government present them with.

Maximum effort...

Immensely proud of them...
              Not sure you can say 'lack of resources' when this op was undertaken by two of seventy-odd in UK service of the most advanced - in every way - attack helicopter there has ever been.

I get your point though. The ordinary soldier isn't quite so well equipped, but when you've got that badass of a gunship on your side, you're doing better than the other guy. Thats for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                Not sure you can say 'lack of resources' when this op was undertaken by two of seventy-odd in UK service of the most advanced - in every way - attack helicopter there has ever been.

I get your point though. The ordinary soldier isn't quite so well equipped, but when you've got that badass of a gunship on your side, you're doing better than the other guy. Thats for sure!

The marines are very well equiped.

Us grunts on the other hand???? Let's put it this way, the Americans call us "the borrowers"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                  The marines are very well equiped.

Us grunts on the other hand???? Let's put it this way, the Americans call us "the borrowers"!!!
                  The Apaches are AAC, out of Middle Wallop. I don't know much about what the Marines have, but I'll take your word.

Comment

I am just glad it was good old ingenuity and huge balls that solved this one... and they didn't leave him behind.

Generally there has been a lot of grumbling that they haven't got all the kit they need to do the job, least of all buying poor rate munitions which were jamming at a terrible rate.. and that was just the stuff we heard about.... regardless...

I was interested to hear a comment reported today on the news by one of the seniors on the ground, that acts of this nature are going on every day by the folks on site. Now why don't they report on that for a change.

We know they are the best on the planet... and everyone else has to imitate. Why can't we hear about that? Something we should rightly be proud of.

Now I don't agree with any of them being there, I would rather that they were not. But they have committed to doing the job, and they are following through on that commitment. So please, some positive press for a change.

Comment

Working...
                    X