broken rear spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken rear spring

the surf was in getting new cv boots and ball joints today. when i picked it up the mechanic told me that the rear passenger side spring was broken.

dont know when this happened, cant say i noticed any change in handling or anything else for that matter. i can only assume i done it on sunday when off roading.

now the question,

i have the supertrux 2" suspension lift fitted with 2" spring spacers as well.

whats my best option,

1, replace spring like for like
    2, replace with bushwakers landcruiser spring and no spacers
    3, replace with bushwakers landcruiser spring with spacers ( is this possible) or would it be to much.

thanks again scotty

Originally posted by scotty
    the surf was in getting new cv boots and ball joints today. when i picked it up the mechanic told me that the rear passenger side spring was broken.

dont know when this happened, cant say i noticed any change in handling or anything else for that matter. i can only assume i done it on sunday when off roading.

now the question,

i have the supertrux 2" suspension lift fitted with 2" spring spacers as well.

whats my best option,

1, replace spring like for like
    2, replace with bushwakers landcruiser spring and no spacers
    3, replace with bushwakers landcruiser spring with spacers ( is this possible) or would it be to much.

thanks again scotty
    1. Quickest and easiest.
    2. Slightly more lift, and firmer ride. Only slightly more work than 1.
    3. Total 5" lift! Will require some modifications to the brake pipes so that they fit.

I'd go for 2!
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

cheers slugsie,

am i right in saying the landcruiser spring are better for load carrying as well.more heavy duty.

and they are +3" lift.

do you get +4" shocks. when i had my spacers fitted the spanner says it would be worth considering longer shock because my +2" es 9000's were about maxed out.

i am also going to do 2" body lift in the near future, so are the landcruiser springs still the best option. i would prefer the back a bit higher than the front.

thanks scotty

Comment

cheers slugsie,

am i right in saying the landcruiser spring are better for load carrying as well.more heavy duty.

and they are +3" lift.

do you get +4" shocks. when i had my spacers fitted the spanner says it would be worth considering longer shock because my +2" es 9000's were about maxed out.

i am also going to do 2" body lift in the near future, so are the landcruiser springs still the best option. i would prefer the back a bit higher than the front.

thanks scotty

Most of the guys on here, me included, have +2" Procomp shocks with the Landcruiser springs and they're fine.

I've had scary amounts of weight in the back of my truck a couple of times and the 'cruiser springs are brilliant!

The tyres squash more than the springs sag.

Comment

cheers bushwhacker,

was it you that was selling the landcruiser springs?

it looks as if thats the best road for me to go down then, cause i carry a fair bit of weight aroud most of the time.

cheers scotty

Comment

cheers bushwhacker,

was it you that was selling the landcruiser springs?

it looks as if thats the best road for me to go down then, cause i carry a fair bit of weight aroud most of the time.

cheers scotty
            you get the springs from milners Scotty HDJ80 springs 1995 landcruiser
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              you get the springs from milners Scotty HDJ80 springs 1995 landcruiser
              thanks stormforce

Rear Coil Spring (pair)

i take it these are the springs i'm after.

cheers scotty

Comment

thanks stormforce

Rear Coil Spring (pair)

i take it these are the springs i'm after.

cheers scotty
                yea those are the one Scott
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X