More Idiots....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Idiots....

My brother lives on the hill just across the Barton Cutting from Devils Pit. The village has a 30MPH limit. While having a cup of tea and discussing driving/tyres/sheet ice etc, a Landcruiser went by doing at least 60MPH into a 35deg bend. The Police had closed the hill (impassable) and back he came 5 mins later at 60MPH. Then a D*sco, a R*ngy and a Rav 4 did the same. Not good for the image of 4x4s is it?
    4Wheel Drive doesn't mean four wheel grip on sheet ice!
    Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 29 January 2004, 01:02.
    It's only a hobby!

Hi

I agree - I think the poor image of the 4x4 driver is the only drawback to owning a Surf and these incidents just back that up. It seems that a lot of people expect 4x4s to handle like cars - the fact that they don't will come as an upleasant surprise one day.

Having lived in the northern US in the winter, where 4x4 vehicles make up about 50% of all vehicles on the road. However, they seem to make up 80% of the vehicles upside down in ditches when snow turns to ice.

The moral of the story is take care

Rob

Comment

The capability of the truck doesn't take away the incompetence and stupidity of the bozo behind the wheel.

The problem with 4x4s is that they make you feel safe - it's the same with Volvos. Problem is you can get hurt just as bad but more to the point you can hurt a lot more people with a 2 ton monster than a mini.

Be careful out there, it's fun but we all wanna live.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X