• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fans ??? I've got a hairdryer in mine...........works loads better

Comment

Originally posted by Ricksurf
      Fans ??? I've got a hairdryer in mine...........works loads better
      1997? Well... you would... wouldn't you?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        1997? Well... you would... wouldn't you?
        :snigger:

Don't miss a chance, do you!
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          :snigger:

Don't miss a chance, do you!
          I've missed lots tonight. Too busy watching the kinky boots on mathew street

Comment

40000000000w power supply is no good if its unstable. I use a 465w Enermax who I still think are the best and if we have a quick power blip the whole house can reset itself and my PC still carries on
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
              40000000000w power supply is no good if its unstable. I use a 465w Enermax who I still think are the best and if we have a quick power blip the whole house can reset itself and my PC still carries on
              Surely you're looking at a flux capacitor for those power levels... or a buttered cat array.

Comment

Power supplies are fickle things. Most cheapy ones pretty much specify their 'maximum' rating, and are generally only good for a fair bit less.

Having said that, I've seen a few reviews, and even a PC loaded up with all the latest bits, multiple hard drives, multiple mega graphics etc only draw about 350-400W. But to do that safely and efficiently you need a quality (i.e. expensive) power supply rated at 550W or more.

Having said that if you're fitting a Radeon 9550, then your not going to be stretching a cheapish 400W power supply, and you'll have plenty of room for expansion.

Just gotta hope that the power supply going didn't take the motherboard with it.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                  Having said that if you're fitting a Radeon 9550, then your not going to be stretching a cheapish 400W power supply, and you'll have plenty of room for expansion.

Just gotta hope that the power supply going didn't take the motherboard with it.
                  Cheers all, Slugsie, the PC is fine, its running now with a borrowed power supply, so we just need to get a new one and give this one back. Just wanted to find out 'Power Supply Tech' from the experts.

(and relief that all the 4x4toys accounts, and lots of pics on Linda's PC are safe, and to remember to back things up more often!!! )
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                  X