i nearly sh*t myself!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i nearly sh*t myself!!!

Well I accomplished my frist bit of proper offroading today!! I found a ford at mevey in devon and gave it a go at getting through.
    It looked a bit quick flowing but if I had stoped and waited for too long I think I would of bottled it!!

Clicked it straight into 4 wheel drive and went for it, well after getting into the river and about halfway through it was getting deeper and deeper when it got to the point it was about as deep as my bonnet I did get a little worryed!

I did not think it would make my truck go as slow as it did! I just kept my foot to the floor and crawled my way through, bouncing over the rocky floor.

It was only then did I see quite how steep the the exit was but of course my beast took it all in her stride. Needless to say I was a little worryed when there was no way back and it got so unexpectly deep!!

My 7 year old thought it was great and my 5 year old was asleep! the misses said she was not worryed as she thought I knew what I was doing but did get a little concerened when she saw the water about half way up the door!

well I am glad my door seals are intact and danno gave the truck a 4" lift before I got it! I think next time I will go with someone else, a camara and some tow stuff!
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
    Well I accomplished my frist bit of proper offroading today!! I found a ford at mevey in devon and gave it a go at getting through.
    It looked a bit quick flowing but if I had stoped and waited for too long I think I would of bottled it!!

Clicked it straight into 4 wheel drive and went for it, well after getting into the river and about halfway through it was getting deeper and deeper when it got to the point it was about as deep as my bonnet I did get a little worryed!

I did not think it would make my truck go as slow as it did! I just kept my foot to the floor and crawled my way through, bouncing over the rocky floor.

It was only then did I see quite how steep the the exit was but of course my beast took it all in her stride. Needless to say I was a little worryed when there was no way back and it got so unexpectly deep!!

My 7 year old thought it was great and my 5 year old was asleep! the misses said she was not worryed as she thought I knew what I was doing but did get a little concerened when she saw the water about half way up the door!

well I am glad my door seals are intact and danno gave the truck a 4" lift before I got it! I think next time I will go with someone else, a camara and some tow stuff!

I don't want to be a party pooper mate. But you were lucky your truck never washed down stream like a bloke at works mate did the other day.

If the water is fast flowing you need to get out and walk it first to see how deep it is. With water up to the bonnet, that is easily deep enough to wash your truck away.

When I was in the Army, I drove a DROPS into a lake, it only had an empty flat rack on the back (lots of wood in this), as soon as the truck got to about 4 feet deep, the flat rack acted like a life jacket and lifted the truck off the bottom. Only the fact it was in 6 wheel drive, inter-axle diff locks engaged and the massive tyres acting like a propeller prevent us sinking into the depths, and into the OC's office on a charge!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=drunkmonkeyboy]I found a ford at Meavy in devon and gave it a go at getting through.

Yep it is a goodun, do that one regular..but not when in flood, it will take you and it gets deeper down stream!
      I think the best direction is from Cadover towards Horrabridge
      you would not believe how many cars...........
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

My fave flooded place I mentioned the other night is a bit beyond the joke now. It's about 2ft deep max normally which is OK if you dont tank it through, but the run up to it which is normally dry is around 2ft at the mo!

Being that discretion is the better part of valour and all that, I pulled up the bank into a field, turned round and went back.

Figured I didn't want to test the window seals!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
          I don't want to be a party pooper mate. But you were lucky your truck never washed down stream like a bloke at works mate did the other day.
          was that at headley??

they've had 2 cars and a 7.5tonner washed away in the last few weeks!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/A...articleID=3577
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
            X