newbie in leicester, lift and tyres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie in leicester, lift and tyres?

Hi all...well im new the the world of surfs and to the forum... pick the motor up on saturday a 92 2.4 ssrx and cant wait!! think the next thing is to put a money pot aside ready for a new head as it seems to be pretty commonplace and hopefully some spare cash for some mods... starting with some mud tyres as this one is stock complete with road tyres on, but one thing i was wondering is whether its worth lifting the truck or to leave it at standard height? reason i have doubts is im used to landys and whenever you lift them you end up with vibes off the front prop... are surfs the same? whats the tallest size you can get on with stock suspension and with a say 2" lift? who does lift kits for these?
    is there anyone else on here from around leics way who fancies some laning in the foreseeable future... not to mention some brain picking when it goes wrong?
    cheers

Originally posted by kevhenson
    Hi all...well im new the the world of surfs and to the forum... pick the motor up on saturday a 92 2.4 ssrx and cant wait!! think the next thing is to put a money pot aside ready for a new head as it seems to be pretty commonplace and hopefully some spare cash for some mods... starting with some mud tyres as this one is stock complete with road tyres on, but one thing i was wondering is whether its worth lifting the truck or to leave it at standard height? reason i have doubts is im used to landys and whenever you lift them you end up with vibes off the front prop... are surfs the same? whats the tallest size you can get on with stock suspension and with a say 2" lift? who does lift kits for these?
    is there anyone else on here from around leics way who fancies some laning in the foreseeable future... not to mention some brain picking when it goes wrong?
    cheers
    Hi and welcome Kev.
    The largest you can go tyre wise is 31x10.5x15 without any mods.
    you can get a 2" bodylift and a 2" suspension lift to get 33's on there.
    if you wanna go higher it depends on how much you have got to spend.I have gone 5" higher and still on standard tyres at the mo until i can get 33's to go but my overall lift cost about £500
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by kevhenson
      cheers
      see jotto [on forum] for lift kits, welcome to site
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I've 3" sus and 2" body lift. Cost about £200 - £250 all in.

It's possible to fit Landcruiser springs at the back to give you 3" or so (what I've got) and they're about £60 from Milners. There's a chap on here makes the ancilliary bits for this (panhard & anti roll bar brackets) and no doubt he'll make himself known sooner or later.

The bodylift - well there's chaps on here make those too! Dead easy to do. The front shafts are perhaps slightly noisier but not excessive. When I'm flush I'll get some manual hubs.

I've got 265/75-16's on at the mo, but it is big enough for 33's now, and thats where I'll be going when I wear these tyres out.

Not sure a 2.4 is good on 33's without a gearing change though. There's a few chaps on here have done it and noted a reduction in 'take off speed'. Sure look good though!

I believe you need a 4" overall lift to get 33s on comfortably.

<edit> By the way - welcome along!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

thanks for the welcome!!
          think im gonna put some 31 muds on and try some laning and see how it goes at std height... im sure i'l find loads to spend money on in the meantime..
          so is there anyone local to me that fancies a day out in the next couple of weeks?

Comment

Working...
          X