3rd Gen spedo lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen spedo lamps

Ok. Can sombody please tell me how to get the speedo out so that i can replace one or two blown lamps. I know its a 3rd gen and its plastic, but what part on the dash needs to come out and how. At the moment cant see if i am goining over 70mph or how much fuel is in the tank..

Thanks

Colin
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Buy a TORCH Theres info on one of the American sites but im on my laptop & its not in my favourites.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

ok Why do i need a torch???
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
        ok Why do i need a torch???
        For when it's dark?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
          For when it's dark?
          Ok I get it now... it had been a long night. So how do you get the $$$$$$ thing out??
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Ok, I'm just working from memory here, and not looking at the dash so I may miss a bit, but the procedure is something like this...

Remove the panel below the steering column.
            Prise off the small black panel around the ignition barrel
            You can now access the screws securing the bottom of the black bezel arounf the clocks. The top screws are already accessible pointed upwards thru the top of it.
            Remove this bezel.
            Remove 4 screws holding clocks assembly and withdraw clocks a few inches.
            Twisting clocks a little to one side, reach in and remove the three (think its three) wiring loom plugs.
            Pull clocks towards you and reve sideways from behind the steering wheel.

The bulbs should now be easily accessable, and re-installation is as they say, the above procedure in reverse.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
              Ok, I'm just working from memory here, and not looking at the dash so I may miss a bit, but the procedure is something like this...

Remove the panel below the steering column.
              Prise off the small black panel around the ignition barrel
              You can now access the screws securing the bottom of the black bezel arounf the clocks. The top screws are already accessible pointed upwards thru the top of it.
              Remove this bezel.
              Remove 4 screws holding clocks assembly and withdraw clocks a few inches.
              Twisting clocks a little to one side, reach in and remove the three (think its three) wiring loom plugs.
              Pull clocks towards you and reve sideways from behind the steering wheel.

The bulbs should now be easily accessable, and re-installation is as they say, the above procedure in reverse.
              That is superb. I will have a bash if i am in a good state after rugby on sunday
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
              X