Thinking of buying a Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying a Surf

Hello, I'm new to the site and have been enjoying reading lots of the threads.
    I'm moving soon to quite a rural location and have decided that at some point I will need a vehicled that won't get stuck in muddy fields or forest tracks as easily as my current nissan.
    Looking at info a Surf seems to be a good bet. I was thinking of getting a third gen model. Is there anything I should look out for when going to look at/test drive prospective purchases
    Thanks

if looking at a 3rd gen, check that it's not been left in the sun for too long, as the thing will melt or at best at least become a bit warped. like many of the people here!

i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

3rd GENS are the best get an intercooled one if you can or Preferably look in the SURFS for SALE section. GOOD LUCK.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
        if looking at a 3rd gen, check that it's not been left in the sun for too long, as the thing will melt or at best at least become a bit warped. like many of the people here!

More then enough metal in a gen 3 for me hit a tree at 50 mph after you can gauge the size from the size of the dent and I walked away.
        ionic SURFactant

Comment

Originally posted by Sclerotic Hen
          Hello, I'm new to the site and have been enjoying reading lots of the threads.
          I'm moving soon to quite a rural location and have decided that at some point I will need a vehicled that won't get stuck in muddy fields or forest tracks as easily as my current nissan.
          Looking at info a Surf seems to be a good bet. I was thinking of getting a third gen model. Is there anything I should look out for when going to look at/test drive prospective purchases
          Thanks
          http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by steved
            More then enough metal in a gen 3 for me hit a tree at 50 mph after you can gauge the size from the size of the dent and I walked away.

Blimey!

I hope you gave the tree a damned good thrashing after doing that to your truck.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Blimey!

I hope you gave the tree a damned good thrashing after doing that to your truck.
              The big one that did the dent no the 8 inch one we broke off on the way in yes!
              ionic SURFactant

Comment

dude! these surfs are awesome we all know...but they can't climb trees! no matter how fast you charge at them!

hope everyone was ok!
                i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by steved
                  how did it happen ?
                  Bunkle
                  Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
                    how did it happen ?

Drive Surf at 50mph aim for big tree, close eyes!

Comment

Don't know as yet still trying to figure it out the back of the truck got pushed round, no snake the van stayed upright load margin about 70% in favor of the truck, the van might have become unhitched or someone may have gone into the back of the van the car following did not stay for the police I was reletivly unhurt a but cold not get out of the drivers seat untill released by the emergancy services, my missis unfortunatly sustained a broken leg.
                      ionic SURFactant

Comment

Thanks for all your replies.

Marky - your matches what I think I shall be looking for. (What kind of money am I going to be looking at for a Surf like yours - does the intercooler add much; to my enjoyment and/or the asking price?)

Steved - That looks like a very serious off road experience

Woodzie - thanks for the link, the points listed look very helpful in what to look for and ask about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sclerotic Hen
                          Thanks for all your replies.

Marky - your matches what I think I shall be looking for. (What kind of money am I going to be looking at for a Surf like yours - does the intercooler add much; to my enjoyment and/or the asking price?)

Steved - That looks like a very serious off road experience

Woodzie - thanks for the link, the points listed look very helpful in what to look for and ask about.

If you are not in a rush, you can have mine. Its as nice to look at as Markys and same silver colour. Its getting full service tomorrow and will have 12 and half months MOT. I am going to list it on Saturday in the for sale section. Its yours for 5K with 70 thousand miles on it. superb condition

I will still pay my fiver folks.............don't anyone worry.

Al.
                          I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                            If you are not in a rush, you can have mine. Its as nice to look at as Markys and same silver colour. Its getting full service tomorrow and will have 12 and half months MOT. I am going to list it on Saturday in the for sale section. Its yours for 5K with 70 thousand miles on it. superb condition

I will still pay my fiver folks.............don't anyone worry.

Al.
                            Now that is a BARGAIN Mines a 52000 miles 1999 V reg on a private plate. I'd want 9K AS IT STANDS ME AT THAT.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                            X