Rear Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window

I know that I have posted about this before but would just like say that my rear window is now repaired and going up and down as it should (more or less). I read that some of you had carried out a repair on the motor drive which I have succesfully done on the okld motor so now have a spare. This may be useful to anyone who is experiencing that the motor is running but not moving the window. As explained in earlier postings this is worth doing. Take out the motor and prise of the silver plate that covers the gear housing. There is a metal disc that is apparently glued to the nylon gear wheel. This adhesive breaks down so not allowing the gear wheel to turn. There are already two holes drilled in the metal disc which I used as guides for drilling into the wheel beneath this. I then used a couple of machine screws with loctite to secure the two parts back together. Drive has now been restored and this is a spare motor should my replacement one fail.

Please note that I am not taking any credit for this fix as it has been posted previously but am suggesting that anyone who is experiencing this problem tries this before lashing out on a new motor.
Working...
X