Look what I made....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyN
    Its fine, as long as it exits outside the bodywork not under it, its fine. My 4Runner is exactly the same setup. I used a Turbo Muffler from Real Steel, and a 90 deg bend to exit the same as Vince (and Vatchman) has.

Best thing about it is with my 4" lift, its right in line with a boyracers door windows, if they have thier $$$$py music on to loud with the window open, I just pull the choke out, and blip the throttle and they get covered in sooty petrol!!

Even better, you could wack the throttle open to full, turn the ignition off, then back on when she dies right down. You then have a nice explosion and flame thrower to boot....

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
      Even better, you could wack the throttle open to full, turn the ignition off, then back on when she dies right down. You then have a nice explosion and flame thrower to boot....
      That's a truly evil streak you have there.

Looks very nice Vince.

Comment

Harrods send staff out to clean the railings on the street outside the shop...
        they crouch down with a bucket and sponge doing it, so i floor the lorry when pulling away and they disappear in a cloud of black diesel smoke!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Used to do that in the works van till it blew the silencer apart,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
            I like that mate, very nice job, did you have to weld any stainless bits or is that how it came, Also is it OK for MOT! thought about running the pipes out at the side (both sides) when i eventually get the dosh but was'nt sure about the legal aspect of it,

No stainless to weld as the end caps on the muffler were factory fitted.
            All I welded was the flanges that I cut off the flexy exhaust section, to either end of the new muffler, and another flange that I cut off the original Toyota muffler, on the tailpipe. Now the new pieces just bolt together with a splodge of exhaust joint paste on the mating faces of the flanges and it's all held up with the original Toyota hangers.

As for the legal aspect, don't you remember MK3 Cortinas with sidepipes??

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Best thing about it is with my 4" lift, its right in line with a boyracers door windows, if they have thier $$$$py music on to loud with the window open, I just pull the choke out, and blip the throttle and they get covered in sooty petrol!!

hehehe,thats what i do to,so funny to see them spluttering and then winding there windows up,give it another blip and it covers their windows too.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
              X