Expansion Bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expansion Bottle

I took off the expansion bottle to give it a clean out and the inside of the bottle is covered in brown sticky stuff.I did notice it on the pipe in the bottle b4 but never thought anything about it but when i found it in the bottle aswell i didn't know what to make of it so has anyone any idea what it may be.
    The sticky stuff on the pipe going into the bottle has been there for months and thought what was in the bottle was just dirt
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Don't worry about it. If you have the proper coolant mix then just clean it out every now and then. Mine gets a bit like that even though the cooling system is as clean as I can get it. I clean the expansion tank about every six months.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
      Don't worry about it. If you have the proper coolant mix then just clean it out every now and then. Mine gets a bit like that even though the cooling system is as clean as I can get it. I clean the expansion tank about every six months.

Nev
      thanks Nev.i only had water in the rad so there was no proper coolant.
      i will be putting some in this week tho

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        thanks Nev.i only had water in the rad so there was no proper coolant.
        That's not good.

i will be putting some in this week tho
        Run a cooling system flush before you do.

Nev
        Last edited by NiftyNev; 3 January 2007, 15:02.

Comment

I took off the expansion bottle to give it a clean out and the inside of the bottle is covered in brown sticky stuff.I did notice it on the pipe in the bottle b4 but never thought anything about it but when i found it in the bottle aswell i didn't know what to make of it so has anyone any idea what it may be.
          The sticky stuff on the pipe going into the bottle has been there for months and thought what was in the bottle was just dirt

mine was like this when I got the surf, cleaned it out and its ok.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Mine got the same sort of thing, rusty sort of reddish brown colour?
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

thanks guys.just got the new bottom rad hose to fit and then fill with coolant and burp the system and then oil and filters to be done.I will then look into what the rattling is

Comment

Working...
              X