advice - importing from Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice - importing from Japan

I am considering importing a landcruiser ('84- '89) from Japan into Dublin ideally or into a port in Englnd/Wales if necessary and would appreciate some advice:

how do the bodies on older vehicles fair out for rust coming from Japan, would the climate cause rusting at the same rate as here or would they rust at a slower rate, are vehicles better cared for?

i've noticed that in general Japanes vehicles advertised on the net seem to have alot lower milage for the same year compared to ones over here, is this normal

could anyone recommend any good websites that would import these types of vehicles?

any info greatly appreciated
    ent

When imported the trUcks are in immaculate condition.

Just go to an auction rather than try and import your own

www.a1carauctions.co.uk

also at Liverpool dock, Tilbury and I think Dublin

or buy one off this site!
    Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 1 January 2007, 23:08.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by ent
      I am considering importing a landcruiser ('84- '89) from Japan into Dublin ideally or into a port in Englnd/Wales if necessary and would appreciate some advice:

how do the bodies on older vehicles fair out for rust coming from Japan, would the climate cause rusting at the same rate as here or would they rust at a slower rate, are vehicles better cared for?

i've noticed that in general Japanes vehicles advertised on the net seem to have alot lower milage for the same year compared to ones over here, is this normal

could anyone recommend any good websites that would import these types of vehicles?

any info greatly appreciated
      ent

There are some good sites to look at.

Here is the guy I got mine from

http://www.fourtrackcars.com/

Here is another good importer

http://www.algysautos.com/Pajero_LWB.html

Comment

Mine is a 1989 2nd gen 2.4td which I bought here in England, it was imported in 1999 and the only rust is a little light surface rust on the undercarrage and one small piece on a rear wheel arch, and on one rear door.
        For a 17yr old vehicle thats pretty good I think.
        what you get willdepend entirely on how much you spend, unless you pick up a bargain.
        I didn't pay a lot for mine but it has not been without its problems, so my advice would be spend as much as you can afford to get the vehicle you want. It does depend of course on what you intend to use the vehicle for, and if it will be you primary mode of transport, mine is not my primary vehicle, so its not a total loss when its off the road.
        Although mine was cheapish, I will probably spend as much on it getting it right as I would to get a newer andbetter vehicle without the hassle and dissapointment of breakdowns and garage time.Search around and get a good one and you wont be dissapointed!
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

thaks for all that guys

Comment

Working...
          X