Aftermarket Disc upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Disc upgrades?

Does anyone know of a supplier that does better discs for the Surf? Drilled or grooved or both?
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Dogbook had his X drilled, have you checked if there is a grooved/drilled disc available for the landcruiser that would fit 15" wheels?

Comment

What gains are you hoping to make, better braking?
      If so would a softer compound pad do the job?
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
        What gains are you hoping to make, better braking?
        If so would a softer compound pad do the job?

They would wear down quite quickly and create a lot of dust which eats into the alloy wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          They would wear down quite quickly and create a lot of dust which eats into the alloy wheel.
          Grooves / drilling tends to wear your pads quicker too.

The only advantage you gain is they cool slightly quicker if you are on the brakes hard and frequently and in this kind of vehicle, you aren't.

Spend the money on other goodies!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            Grooves / drilling tends to wear your pads quicker too.

The only advantage you gain is they cool slightly quicker if you are on the brakes hard and frequently and in this kind of vehicle, you aren't.

Spend the money on other goodies!
            I think thats why mine used to use alot of fuel sometimes lol
            I had my front discs 12 grooved as i did on a 150 swb transit and various fast cars years ago. It does make a difference i found when you carry loads or drive fast and my Surf went like a bomb when it wanted to so slowing down a 2 ton truck the grooves helped. The workshop i used could cross drill them also. You need to find an engineering shop that works on car parts and and get the grooves any deeper than 1mm. I would suppose that with grooves and holes that when used offroad the mud and water would clear quicker?

happy new year
            3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

LA Supertrux used to sell them for the Pickups, try them.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i posted a thread about this a few months back,currently still looking for the right disc.i will propably end up buying new discs and cross drill them myself.i think the landcruiser disc will fit,but you will need to machine an inch from around the circumference of the disc and make up spacers to bolt between the calipers.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

I'm looking for grooved discs at the moment. LA Supertrux did used to sell "Terra Claw" discs but they didn't shift many due to the high price.

I'm waiting to see just how much a set of them will cost but as I need new or refurb calipers too this is going to get expensive.

Comment

Jim there was a guy on ebay that had calipers for a 2.4

here he's ebay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/PERFORMANCE...RES-AND-TUNING .Send him a email as this link is a few weeks old
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      Jim there was a guy on ebay that had calipers for a 2.4

here he's ebay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/PERFORMANCE...RES-AND-TUNING .Send him a email as this link is a few weeks old
                      I'll get in touch with him, cheers. Roughtrax are doing new calipers at very reasonable prices but I'm not sure what sort of quality they are.

Comment

Think I'm sorted for a good set of discs and pads but need to know if the KZN130 calipers are the same as LN130 ones as I can only find pads for KZNs!

Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by jmc
                          Think I'm sorted for a good set of discs and pads but need to know if the KZN130 calipers are the same as LN130 ones as I can only find pads for KZNs!

Anyone know?

Yes, they are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by jmc

Anyone know?
                            the same part number accordintg to milners for the kzn/ln 130
                            001138 part number
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

That's good enough for me, cheers guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X