thinking of buying a surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of buying a surf

hi guys thinking of buying a surf in the new year will have around 6k to spend
    looking @ 2.4 model what is the fuel consuption like & is there anywhere you can reccomend that sells them i live in york so anywhere in the north
    also what sort of things do you need to look out for
    thanks bobby

Originally posted by bobby
    looking @ 2.4 model what is the fuel consuption like & is there anywhere you can reccomend that sells them i live in york so anywhere in the north
    thanks bobby
    go for the 3.0 ltr with that sort of money to play with.much better power wise ,not a lot of difference in the mpg.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

hi and welcome.take alook in the for sale section with that sort of cash you can have the pick of surfs and you can even get a hairdressers surf for 3600 if its still for sale and have plenty left over for insurance
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

With 6k I'd go for a 3rdGen (as long as you have thick skin!) and don't mind plastic & hairdresser remarks from the jealous wannabe's!!!!
        Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker
          With 6k I'd go for a 3rdGen (as long as you have thick skin!) and don't mind plastic & hairdresser remarks from the jealous wannabe's!!!!
          how can you say that.we dont take the p1$$ about you carrying tongs,curlers,hairdryers etc...
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

thanks bobby

Hi Bobby and welcome!
            Have a look at Vine Place - based in Newcaslte now. they've got an online show room - www vineplace com or something like that.
            I bought mine from there two years ago and can recommend them!
            with 6K to spend - I would get a 3.0 litre - far power grunt and similar mpg.
            then with all the left over funds - you can get a lot of toys for it.
            spots / lift kits / bobbox etc etc.
            And when it comes to little problems / servicing / strange wee buttons - just ask the folks on here - with a wealth of knowledge (and wit??) you'll not be stuck for long.

Let us all know how you get on!!
            AL
            Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              how can you say that.we dont take the p1$$ about you carrying tongs,curlers,hairdryers etc...
              Hi & welcome
              And we don't complain about carrying tow ropes either

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
              Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 31 December 2006, 18:30.
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

with that much you can get a good'un
                look at both the 2nd and 3rd gens and decide what is for you, as far as I'm concerned I prefer the look of the 2nd gen but the 4x4 flexibillity on the 3rd is atractive - pity they are plasticy and alegedly driven by hairdressers/persons of doubtfull sexuality.
                as said, with that amount of dosh you can get a nice 3.0l give it all the toys you want and still be cash in hand. look at the surfs for sale on here, at least it should be a looked after truck and the folks on here appear to be honest - if a little mad.
                N.B. take the words 'appear' and 'little' with a pinch of salt!!!!
                Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                Tony

Comment

thanks bobby
                  As has been said, you only need £2K to get a 2.4, If I was you I'd be looking at an early 3rd Gen (96' -on) or a mint 3.0TD 2nd Gen and have cash to spare.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

welcome bobby !!! the previous threads say it all . 3.0TD !!!!
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

go for something nice like a range rover... or just a regular estate car...
                      do you really need 4 wheel drive?... perhaps a subaru imprezza wagon for 4wd and estate and QUICK!!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                        go for something nice like a range rover... or just a regular estate car...
                        do you really need 4 wheel drive?... perhaps a subaru imprezza wagon for 4wd and estate and QUICK!!
                        Or a surf?
                        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                          go for something nice like a range rover...

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                            Or a surf?
                            nah, they're a bit rubbish.
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Get something reliable like a shogun sport!

( waitng for the tirade of abuse, he he he)
                              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
                              X