anyone play the trumpet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone play the trumpet?

Hi, I got a trumpet for Christmas - don't ask! I wanted Estee Lauder - anyway, can anyone give me any hints on how to get the higher notes, I just can't seem to do it and it's driving me crazy

Jacqueline

hehe [impure thoughts] sorry jax , i am an aquarian
    Last edited by joker??; 30 December 2006, 01:18.
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

ferrets missus used to play the cornet..(at least i think thats what he said..)
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

With difficulty. It's all in the lips. Don't puff your cheeks out, and purse your
        lips. Practice pitches without touching the keys, just by using lip variations.

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
          hehe [impure thoughts] sorry jax
          oooooohhhhhh, you are naughty.

Jacqueline

Comment

Gawd Jax, I know us guys can be a bit wide of the mark with presents, but someone must have have a total brain fade to get you trumpet instead of Estee Lauder !!!

How much had they drunk when they went shopping ?
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
              With difficulty. It's all in the lips. Don't puff your cheeks out, and purse your
              pink phone talk !!!!

Comment

pink phone talk !!!!
                where's the mushroom ?
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                  Gawd Jax, I know us guys can be a bit wide of the mark with presents, but someone must have have a total brain fade to get you trumpet instead of Estee Lauder !!!

How much had they drunk when they went shopping ?

The sad thing was ............ they weren't drunk! I think it must be a farming family thing, they always get me practical presents. I've had wellies, grease guns, knives and a knob for my tractor steering wheel. Never actually managed to get perfume yet although my request goes in every year! I'll just have to smell of sheep for a while longer.

Jacqueline

Comment

pink phone talk !!!!

Another way to practice without deafening everyone is to just practice using
                    the mouth piece, without the trumpet. You'll get an idea but won't be blaring
                    away, plus it's easy to carry around for practising whenever you please. For
                    the higher notes, press your lips together to the point where the pinks of your
                    lips are folded in and practically not visible. That will be close to the tautness
                    required for the higher notes.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow, I don't want to wake the neighbourhood tonight.

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by jax
                        The sad thing was ............ they weren't drunk! I think it must be a farming family thing, they always get me practical presents. I've had wellies, grease guns, knives and a knob for my tractor steering wheel. Never actually managed to get perfume yet although my request goes in every year! I'll just have to smell of sheep for a while longe

Jacqueline
                        if you lived in london doubt you would have got any of those prezzies except maybe the knife, you must be the only woman i know who has been bought a tractor steering knob lol , definately a farming boy outlook ,
                        nothing wrong with smelling like sheep so the welsh boys tell me [only jesting]

Comment

I'll see if I still have any of my old music books from high school. Not sure if
                          they have any exercises for the lip movements in there. If they have, I'll scan
                          the pages for you. I'll have a peek tomorrow.

Comment

Just realized I've got a big red mark on my lips with trying to play the trumpet. I'll have to tell everyone that I've had too many Christmas kisses but they'll probably just think I've been drinking straight from the whisky bottle again.

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by jax
                              Just realized I've got a big red mark on my lips with trying to play the trumpet. I'll have to tell everyone that I've had too many Christmas kisses but they'll probably just think I've been drinking straight from the whisky bottle again.

Worst part is when the lips start going numb.

Comment

Working...
                              X