yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salisbury, lovely mud, not so lovely overheating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salisbury, lovely mud, not so lovely overheating...

Hi peeps,

A number of us barely made it home after mucking (pun) about yesterday. Symptoms includes 50 mph max, heater on full, toasted feet, low oil pressure, windows wide open etc etc.

I pressure washed mine before leaving The Plain yesterday and still had all the problems.

Radiator out this morning and oh boy - completely filled with mud - no wonder there was no cooling. 30 minutes to hose it clean.

Back together and all is well in the world - temp bang on middle and oil pressure back up (and no toasted feet). My advice is .....pls read the above LOL
    Another member of the 'A' team

He he!

Been there a few times myself! Glad to hear you got back ok tho
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

glad you got it sorted Andrew.i am waiting for new filters and oil and going to fit a new thermostat and rad cap so i will wait till next week to get it all sorted as i don't need to use the surf yet anyway
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
        Hi peeps,

A number of us barely made it home after mucking (pun) about yesterday. Symptoms includes 50 mph max, heater on full, toasted feet, low oil pressure, windows wide open etc etc.

I pressure washed mine before leaving The Plain yesterday and still had all the problems.

Radiator out this morning and oh boy - completely filled with mud - no wonder there was no cooling. 30 minutes to hose it clean.

Back together and all is well in the world - temp bang on middle and oil pressure back up (and no toasted feet). My advice is .....pls read the above LOL
        I have mentioned this on the off xmas thread and the mud builds up over a number of off road adventures . I normally clean mine after 3 or 4 trips in mud . Also it would be advisable to check your diff breathers are not blocked.
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
          I have mentioned this on the off xmas thread and the mud builds up over a number of off road adventures . I normally clean mine after 3 or 4 trips in mud . Also it would be advisable to check your diff breathers are not blocked.
          I fitted extended diff breathers a few months back so they're OK.

I had a look at cleaning the rad without taking it off. My concern was the fact that the 2.4 is marginal on cooling capacity. I had the rad off when I changed the timing belt so it was out within 30 minutes (no air con to get in the way also)

I couldn't believe how much air the fan was pulling through after cleaning, massive difference.

DANNO - thanks for leading us yeasterday.

Comment

I fitted extended diff breathers a few months back so they're OK.

I had a look at cleaning the rad without taking it off. My concern was the fact that the 2.4 is marginal on cooling capacity. I had the rad off when I changed the timing belt so it was out within 30 minutes (no air con to get in the way also)

I couldn't believe how much air the fan was pulling through after cleaning, massive difference.

DANNO - thanks for leading us yeasterday.

Normally i just remove the grill and bumper then use a low pressure hose.

It is amaising how much mud gets into the engine bay ,and i know Danno has distroyed a few vacuum pump veins in his alternator in the past from mud dammage as well .
            I jetwash out the whole engine bay when i do the rad .Also if you still have the soundproofing under the bonnet beware of it becoming too waterlogged and dropping onto the engine.
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Hi peeps,

heehee those $$$$$$ heaters sure can cook your feet eh andrew limped home sometimes at 55 [downhill ]
              tried to clean it in situ today after work , left it on fast idle for about 15 mins
              then took it out for a 15 minute burnup on the backstreets 2nd gear with my power boost button on it went up just the wrong side of middle damn
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

You know why there is so much mud in there? Try driving normally through the mud holes instead of 'lets who can make the mud go furthest' and its not an issue!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Normally i just remove the grill and bumper then use a low pressure hose.

It is amaising how much mud gets into the engine bay ,and i know Danno has distroyed a few vacuum pump veins in his alternator in the past from mud dammage as well .
                  I jetwash out the whole engine bay when i do the rad .Also if you still have the soundproofing under the bonnet beware of it becoming too waterlogged and dropping onto the engine.

tut! Vanes, sheeesh!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    You know why there is so much mud in there? Try driving normally through the mud holes instead of 'lets who can make the mud go furthest' and its not an issue!!

guilty as charged but it was fun
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      tut! Vanes, sheeesh!
                      snigger......

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

was it a good day chaps.im gutted that i had to come to bristol instead of getting stuck on the plains,oh well never mind hopefully next time.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Next time , i am limiting the numbers as that was alot to organise
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Next time , i am limiting the numbers as that was alot to organise
                            Next time you'll have to post a numbered list and when its full - that's it.

Hey TonyN, I'm with Joker - what's the point of deep wet mud if not for covering the roof of the car! Your own or the car in front

Comment

Next time you'll have to post a numbered list and when its full - that's it.

Hey TonyN, I'm with Joker - what's the point of deep wet mud if not for covering the roof of the car! Your own or the car in front
                              Thats why i did it mainly in two wheel drive .....To cover the car behind
                              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                              X