Rad cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rad cap

Does anyone know if the rad cap and thermostat for a 2.4 surf 2nd gen are an off the shelf item from local auto spare shops or is it a milners purchase ?

Paul

You can get them at most auto stores as they are same as other toyos just make sure its the right temp.
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

0.9 BAR rad cap.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Yep, just ask for a thermostat for a Toyota Hilux 2.4 diesel. 88 or 89 degrees is the correct temp thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Yep, just ask for a thermostat for a Toyota Hilux 2.4 diesel. 88 or 89 degrees is the correct temp thermostat.
          Thanks guys , have just nipped out and got them both. Will have a go tomorrow

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Slugger
            Thanks guys , have just nipped out and got them both. Will have a go tomorrow

Paul
            Morning all surfers,

Could somebody tell me where i will find the thermostat as i am going to attempt to put the new one in , is it the housing that the rad cap is also attatched to ? . Also, any tips / hints i will need to know that will help me.
            Cheers

Paul.

Comment

Pop those three bolts/nuts off in the housing just below the rad cap, The
              thermostat is in there. If you didn't get a new rubber seal with the 'stat,
              be careful taking the old one off. That makes the seal between the two
              housing parts. Also remember that the little jiggle valve in the 'stat goes
              at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                Pop those three bolts/nuts off in the housing just below the rad cap, The
                thermostat is in there. If you didn't get a new rubber seal with the 'stat,
                be careful taking the old one off. That makes the seal between the two
                housing parts. Also remember that the little jiggle valve in the 'stat goes
                at the top.
                Cheers Matt

Paul

Comment

For illustrative description:

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/wor...thermostat.htm

Comment

Be gentle with the bolts and nuts. Steel bolts in alloy tend to corrode sometimes and weld themselves together. Clean the bolts after removal with a wire brush and apply a little grease to the threads before replacing. Only a very small amount though.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                    X