I've joined the club!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've joined the club!

I've already put a huge amount of info from this site into use not only on choosing what I hope will be a good Surf (1994 3l ssr-x)but also on getting it set up for a long life.

So now I've got the radio changed I am tackling the hunt for the locking wheel nut adapter....... Any usual places for hiding one? There's also a turbo timer that I'll want to fiddle with. I'm hoping that removing its power will let the engine turn off normally without over running. There's no turbo timer controls in the car and its a PITA hanging around for it to turn off when getting fuel!!!

Fingers crossed the Surf and I get along. I've no doubt I'll be regularly here for info!

Cheers and Happy New Year,

Dave
    Last edited by Ballibeg; 29 December 2006, 08:06.

now you just have to go and get it dirty somewhere! Welcome to the nut house!!!
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Hi and welcome!! Have you try'd looking under the rear seat for the nut adaptor, there's a little cubby hole under the near side where the jack is usually kept, may be in there,
      The turbo timers usually have a switch off button on em along with time adjustment etc, to remove the thing altogether take off the steering lower shroud and un plug the two connectors and plug the loom ones back together
      (it plugs inline),
      Thats a nice truck!!!! Just what i'm after a 3lt red,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Welcome to the blue star gang
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Wheel Nut Key

Mine was inside a bag under rear back seats, with the jack etc.
          Hope you find it.
          Still Searching,
          Dick Whittington

Comment

may in one of the rear cubby holes with the tool kit if you got one with it
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hmm, scoured the surf and no tools and no key to the locking wheel nuts. Looks like I'll be sourcing some removal devices, a wheel brace and new locking nuts.

Ho hum,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg
                Hmm, scoured the surf and no tools and no key to the locking wheel nuts. Looks like I'll be sourcing some removal devices, a wheel brace and new locking nuts.

Ho hum,

Dave
                you can get the locking wheel nuts from Halfords
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

That other Argyle toerag stay anywhere near you?

Comment

Dunoon I think, so about an hour and a bit.

Of course the other issue is my spare is the standard alloy which needs different bolts to the after market alloys on the ground.

Anyone know where to get spare wheel nuts for the standard alloys so at least I could use the spare?

(Are things ever simple )

Dave

Comment

The previous owner should have the locking wheel nut adapter if it's not in the truck. If they haven't got it, ask for some money back for some new locking nuts / removal of old ones.

Comment

That's my thoughts exactly! I'm working on it......

Dave

Comment

Hey Ballibeg
                          Welcome to Surf Central.
                          Where abouts in Argyll are you and yes the toerag stays in Dunoon (thats me).

If you stay near Lochgilphead i can get you the chance to get those wjeels dirty at end of month if you want
                          www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Lochgilphead is home so hooking up sounds fun! I'm a newbie to off road and I've bought the surf for shooting/fishing. I've found my Kangoo just doesn't get me there!

Let me have some dates and I'll see how I'm fixed. It'd be good to meet another surf owner in the area. (I've seen the odd one in Lochgilphead so there's others around.)

cheers,

Dave

Comment

hello and welcome to the surf emporium of pleasure,
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X