No announcement yet.

Springs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again chaps, i'm thinking i will order these up and maybe have a bash at it myself!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      it should only take 30-45 mins to swap the springs over and to re-fit the bump stops.Why not ask on here if anyone near you has got any compressors and would like to give a hand.You would probably have to keep them supplied in bacon sarnies and tea/coffee but alot of people on here are willing to help others.
      I drove to Poole several weeks ago so that Vatchman and the lovelyboyo could fit my lift kits for me
      undo the bottom shock bolts pull the shocks off from the bottom spindle ,jack the rear body up and remove the panhard rod bolt. ,and kick the spring off,if your bump stops are hanging off,you shouldnt have a problem.reverse the process for re fitting,its as easy or as hard as that.p.s dont let richard any where near your truck as he is followed by the phantom bolt snapper.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
        .p.s dont let richard any where near your truck as he is followed by the phantom bolt snapper.

And arms like the HULK
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
          And arms like the HULK
          ive seen more meat on a butchers pencil .it was the six foot bar he was swinging from to tighten a m8 bolt
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

.p.s dont let richard any where near your truck as he is followed by the phantom bolt snapper.
            Snapped 1 and knackered another if i remember.. and i only done 3 bolts so 2 out of 3 aint bad is it
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
              And arms like the HULK
              i take it you mean b4 he changes to the hulk

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                Snapped 1 and knackered another if i remember.. and i only done 3 bolts so 2 out of 3 aint bad is it
                i think it was something the shirlster put in your food
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

i think it was something the shirlster put in your food
                  must of been cause i had no get up and go before that..

Comment

Originally posted by Ian82
                    Thought that would be a bit cheeky for a newbie like myself to ask! Wouldnt want to put anyone out. I'm happy enough to take it to a garage for now, Theres a garage near me that fitted a CV boot for me and they are pretty good.
                    hi ian
                    fitted milners 20% stronger on mine, same thing saggy arse and all that. took about 90 mins inc tea sarnies etc, lifted back end about 40-50ml just the job.
                    cheers johnno
                    15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

Thanks again chaps, i'm thinking i will order these up and maybe have a bash at it myself!
                      Hi Ian where abouts in Herts are you ??
                      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Hi guys, got the springs delivered this morning. Gonna have a look at them at lunch and see what the deal is. I'm a bit worried now about the bump stops though. I know they are bolted to the chasis some how but as they are just rattling about inside the springs at the mo I assume I have lost the bolts or something? Milners and Roughtrax dont seem to sell them, any ideas?

Cheers

Jotto i'm in Stevenage

Comment

Hi guys, got the springs delivered this morning. Gonna have a look at them at lunch and see what the deal is. I'm a bit worried now about the bump stops though. I know they are bolted to the chasis some how but as they are just rattling about inside the springs at the mo I assume I have lost the bolts or something? Milners and Roughtrax dont seem to sell them, any ideas?

Cheers

Jotto i'm in Stevenage
                          if there's no bolts in the bump stops then you should be able to buy long enough bolts from a hardware place

Comment

Ian, I should be doing the wifes rear springs on sunday(so long as its not raining) if you want we could do yours at the same time. Give me a ring 07740 337153.

Jon
                            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
                              Ian, I should be doing the wifes rear springs on sunday.

Jon

Has she got butt sag? hehehe!!

Comment

Jon, I would REALLY appreciate that. I have a mate who is going to have a look with me tommorow to see if we can do it and if we can't I will give you a call! Fingers crossed I can get it done, it's all I can think about at the moment.... cars eh!

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Working...
                                X