X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Al
    Will be off to Leeds next week !

brilliant video by the way!

just been checking my existing gear from the cars but not up to spec but at least I have al the charging gear etc

thanx again

John
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
      You then need to decide on "mode" I fly mode 1 (throttle right) but you need to find out what your local club and especially your instructor fly on and buy the same so that they can teach you. The alternative to this is to buy whatever mode you want and to set up your radio with a "buddy lead" so your instructer can interface his radio with yours (like a cars dual control for learning to drive) It then does not matter what mode you buy but remember that once you are flying solo no-one can help you if you get into bother if they fly another mode. In the UK the most popular mode is 2 throttle left.

http://www.plawner.org/video/ts2_testflight.wmv
      Good look.
      You fly mode 1? Pervert!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        You fly mode 1? Pervert!

There you go........I think those words of wisdom confirm what I said about mode 2 being rather more popular than mode 1
        I used to have a surf me!

Comment

are the ready to fly options any good then?

I had thought about buying one to learn on but not got round to buying one...
          I did have a nitro helicopter, raptor i think it was, boy was that hard to use. I never realy got to fly it good, and then boooooom the thing just exploded. But i think that had something to do with me crashing it hard and the tail rotar snaping and flying through the hedge on next doors garden while givin it a crewd cut as it travels through.
          I did have a training kit on it but one of the sticks snapped thats why it ended up in a pile. There use to be a club local to me and there was a guy that could fly the thing upside down about two inch of the floor, show off!! but then again if i could fly one that good i would be showing off two..
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

helicopters have a mind of their own!!... you get them flying nice and then they just do the opposite of what you want and fly off....
            when you try to get it to do what you want, the controller exaggerates the inputs and it just spins into the ground!!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              helicopters have a mind of their own!!... you get them flying nice and then they just do the opposite of what you want and fly off....
              when you try to get it to do what you want, the controller exaggerates the inputs and it just spins into the ground!!
              I've flown fixed wing for about 20 years and had a bash at helicopters when the mini electric versions first appeared. Like balancing a blancmange on a long pole! I must admit I've given up now for two reasons. 1) I prefer the variety of subjects with fixed wing 2) I broke too many bits of my mini heli!

I have flown bigger glow powered helis which are MUCH easier than the mini ones, and after 15 minutes of hovering practice managed to do scruffy looking circuits, but helis still dont really capture my attention like fixed wing do.

I've just bought my son a Ripmax Serenity (motor glider) for Christmas. £70 including a 3 channel 35mhz radio which would suffice for a few later 3ch models if you were to keep it up. It looks like stunning value as a get started kit as it includes everything you need from the plane, the radio gear motor and battery to charger.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I've just bought my son a Ripmax Serenity (motor glider) for Christmas. £70 including a 3 channel 35mhz radio which would suffice for a few later 3ch models if you were to keep it up. It looks like stunning value as a get started kit as it includes everything you need from the plane, the radio gear motor and battery to charger.[/QUOTE]

Good advice, also worth considering is electrasport and electrafun both equipped as per apaches serenity. I think they are 27 meg though.

see john perkins website for details.
                I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Working...
                X