Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apache, I made the fastest twin jet

Hi mate,

Its too cold for IC recently so been flying my highly modded twin jet.

14,8 Li-po 20C poly pro with cam pro 9x7 folding prop on a single axi 28. ESC lives outside on its back to keep it cool.

its amazing. verticle out of my hand

will post a pic of the beast if you wanna c it

I am flying it at church Fenton on the 27th weather permitting.

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Hello M8 haven't the slightest clue abt the technicals but is Church Fenton still used by UAS ?
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h
      Hello M8 haven't the slightest clue abt the technicals but is Church Fenton still used by UAS ?
      I believe so, its home to the royal flying cadets and a couple of private organisations as well. check out the web site.

Pics of the twin jet.................

Comment

nOW THAT LOOKS LIKE AN AWESOME PIECE OF KIT !

Almost Suckhoi su27 with futuristic yf22 tendancies !

May I ask what range and altitude you get ?

I've only done tamya cars but would love to build and attempt to fly mod aero stuff but watched too many gorgeous models pranged at Don Valley club

Comment

nOW THAT LOOKS LIKE AN AWESOME PIECE OF KIT !

Almost Suckhoi su27 with futuristic yf22 tendancies !

May I ask what range and altitude you get ?

I've only done tamya cars but would love to build and attempt to fly mod aero stuff but watched too many gorgeous models pranged at Don Valley club

Range is well further than you can actually fly at about a mile and a half at 100MW.

As far as altitude is concerned, again, you are limited by your eyesight. I fly this at around 100MPH 10 feet above the ground on a low pass but then pull up elevon and its up to 300 feet in a couple of seconds.

Great fun.

If you want to learn to fly, as apache will tell you this is exactly the kind of model you DO NOT WANT

Comment

Right
            I'll start with a glider then !
            Hope you get the chance to fly on the 27th fog should be gone by then !

Comment

what model do you recommend to learn?

is it hard?

can i take it down the farm and fly it just like that?
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Right
                I'll start with a glider then !
                Hope you get the chance to fly on the 27th fog should be gone by then !

If you DO want to learn, look at the BMFA web site for clubs near you and buy something like a multiplex magister. Its very difficult to learn on your own and local clubs will almost always have someone who is willing to teach you.

Another good aircraft for learning is a multiplex twin star 2, the advantage of multiplex is they crash and come back for more. the one in the pics once hit the ground so fast that the battery was 3 inch deep in the dirt. it snapped a wing off and the nose and was flying again an hour later.

Oh, and the above are both electric which takes a lot of work (and fun) out of the game.

Al.

Comment

Think I might start with this one
                  Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                    Hi mate,

Its too cold for IC recently so been flying my highly modded twin jet.

14,8 Li-po 20C poly pro with cam pro 9x7 folding prop on a single axi 28. ESC lives outside on its back to keep it cool.

its amazing. verticle out of my hand

will post a pic of the beast if you wanna c it

I am flying it at church Fenton on the 27th weather permitting.

Al.
                    Looks feckin maad mate! The best sort of mad though! I|'m getting a robbe concor foe chgrimbo but wanna upgrade motors and scale details befire I fly it. Hopefully will be ballistic.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Matt i got 2 trainer planes and a flight box with controller i am getting rid of.... I dont get time to fly

And i got an unbuilt Tiger moth too
                      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                        Looks feckin maad mate! The best sort of mad though! I|'m getting a robbe concor foe chgrimbo but wanna upgrade motors and scale details befire I fly it. Hopefully will be ballistic.

Seen review on this somewhere, looks great. Deffo gotta go brushless and li-po though.

Club mate has a fun jet with a small brushless, its crazy fast, tried video today but was too fast to keep in the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                          If you DO want to learn, look at the BMFA web site for clubs near you and buy something like a multiplex magister. Its very difficult to learn on your own and local clubs will almost always have someone who is willing to teach you.

Another good aircraft for learning is a multiplex twin star 2, the advantage of multiplex is they crash and come back for more. the one in the pics once hit the ground so fast that the battery was 3 inch deep in the dirt. it snapped a wing off and the nose and was flying again an hour later.

Oh, and the above are both electric which takes a lot of work (and fun) out of the game.

Al.
                          Thanx for the advice,went to TAG Models in doncaster but hey just wanted to sell me ready to fly stuff and Helicopters etc BMFA site is excellent thanx again
                          John

Comment

Thanx for the advice,went to TAG Models in doncaster but hey just wanted to sell me ready to fly stuff and Helicopters etc BMFA site is excellent thanx again
                            John

No worries,

If you can get over to leeds, go to the modelshop in crossgates and get yourself a twinstar 2. If you don't like building you can even get a RR (radio ready) version which is ready for you to install a receiver in and fly it.

Just check the motors are secure in the wings as they are sometimes not properly secured when built at the factory. Oh, and dump the standard props, get a couple of 2.3mm collet adaptors. The shop will know what you mean and then you can put the original props onto the adaptors. If you use the ones supplied without adaptors, one of the props will fly off in flight and you will crash in a most spectacular fashion. Trust me I know.............

I have taught people to fly on twinstars and wish they had been around back when i started learning I can tell you. see below for vid of how easy they are to fly.

The same shop has the worlds remaining stock of twinstar 1's for only 35 quid. These are fine for someone who can fly already but will break easily if crashed as they are made of a different type of foam and therefore not suited to learners in my opinion.

If you want to go this route you will need a radio. There are many available on the market and you will be best to buy a computer radio for later use if you intend to stick with the sport. Futaba 7C is probably best for value with 10 model memory and all the functions you can ever handle. you could just buy a non computer 6 channel radio for the twinstar 4 channel is no good as it has 2 aileron servos and you dont want to be messing about with Y leads.

You then need to decide on "mode" I fly mode 1 (throttle right) but you need to find out what your local club and especially your instructor fly on and buy the same so that they can teach you. The alternative to this is to buy whatever mode you want and to set up your radio with a "buddy lead" so your instructer can interface his radio with yours (like a cars dual control for learning to drive) It then does not matter what mode you buy but remember that once you are flying solo no-one can help you if you get into bother if they fly another mode. In the UK the most popular mode is 2 throttle left.

http://www.plawner.org/video/ts2_testflight.wmv
                            Good look.
                            Last edited by phoebelala; 25 December 2006, 09:54.

Comment

John

This is a good buy as its the RR version
                              Al.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Multiplex-Twin...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Working...
                              X