red switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red switch

What is the round red switch for on the right hand side of the dash, any ideas. I have seen this on other Surf's so think it may be standard. Mine is not wired to anything so it may just be a spare, but good to know if anyone has any answer please.

Apply hand brake then press it and you can move the gear lever out of park into any gear you want...

Comment

If it's to the right of the steering wheel, probably for spots that have been disconnected.

Comment

Thanks cue ball, but not the one near the gear selector, this is on the dash near the ignition switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
          If it's to the right of the steering wheel, probably for spots that have been disconnected.
          I think this must be it. Thanks for the replies

Comment

Rear fog light most likely

Turn BOTH it and your lights on and then check - remember it will not work without the lights.
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
              What is the round red switch for on the right hand side of the dash, any ideas. I have seen this on other Surf's so think it may be standard. Mine is not wired to anything so it may just be a spare, but good to know if anyone has any answer please.
              Rear Fog I would think
              Trust your Hound.

Comment

Thanks but definately not the rear fogs as I have replaced the single one with a pair and have wired them myself. Had to do this as although the supplier (Southern Counties) had fitted a fog lamp, they had forgotton to actually wire it up. Actually there was no wire and no switch. This only came about after taking it for an MOT. Southern Counties incidently had told me that this red switch was for the rear fog lamp. My fault for not testing it on delivery but it makes you wonder how it actually passed the first MOT. Anyone any experiences of Southern Counties?

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
                  Thanks but definately not the rear fogs as I have replaced the single one with a pair and have wired them myself. Had to do this as although the supplier (Southern Counties) had fitted a fog lamp, they had forgotton to actually wire it up. Actually there was no wire and no switch. This only came about after taking it for an MOT. Southern Counties incidently had told me that this red switch was for the rear fog lamp. My fault for not testing it on delivery but it makes you wonder how it actually passed the first MOT. Anyone any experiences of Southern Counties?

makes you wonder what else they passed the mot on that shouldn't of passed
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If you've wired new lights up yourself, and that switch was originally for the
                    initial foglight, then obviously it won't do bugger all. Just trace the wires. It's
                    for an add on accessory or the previous fog light.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      makes you wonder what else they passed the mot on that shouldn't of passed
                      Look here.....Interesting reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                        Look here.....Interesting reading.
                        certainly seems a dodgy place to get any motor from
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

There is nothing going to the switch now, just wondering as it was standard equipment, or seems to be, what it's original intention was. Quite happy with the vehicle now as it has passed three further Mot's with no faults from an friend who runs his own MOT centre. I certainly though would not be doing business again with SC due to this as it alleges the validity of the MOT that was supplied with the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                            certainly seems a dodgy place to get any motor from
                            Sounds like it's a case of, I Ask the Questions - All You tell me is lies

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                            X