• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just looked at mine

D.1 Make Toyota
    D.2 Model/Type Hilux Surf TD Auto
    D.3 Body Type Estate
    D.4 2-Axle-Rigid Body

So they can get it right, looks like it might actually be down to the person who fills the form in in the first place.

Alan...

Comment

Yep! mines the same, just had a look, no mention of surf,
      D1 make,- Toyota
      D2 model type,-nothin
      D3 body type,-estate
      D4 2 axle ridgid body

About time they made a new pidgeon hole, there's enought surfs in the country for christ's sake,
      wonder if they know what a Pajero is?
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton
        So they can get it right, looks like it might actually be down to the person who fills the form in in the first place.
        Bingo, it normally is biological interface issues, either whoever regesters it, or the person at the PC.

Linda's 93' is a Light 4x4 Utility, as is the 89' 2.4 we broke for spares, the 3.0 we bought with a broken motor is a Estate, so is my 1st gen 4Runner, which is less like an estate car than all the others!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

This is what mine says:

D1 = Toyota
          D2 = Blank
          D3 = Light 4X4 Utility
          P1 = 2980cc
          P3 = Heavy Oil
          S1 = 5
          D4 = 2 Axle Rigid Body

I'm not ars*d what mine says, as long as the chassis number and Light 4x4 Utility is recorded on it.

Comment

The beauty about it is that their is no maximum payload or GVW mentioned on the registration document. This in effect makes it legal for you to tow a 2.5m wide trailer i.e. 2.5 metre wide caravan on British roads whereas a normal 4 x 4 is restricted to towing one with a width of no more than 2.3 metres.
            One of the other reaasons why I bought a surf just in case I wanted to tow one of those large extra wide German caravans.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01
              The beauty about it is that their is no maximum payload or GVW mentioned on the registration document. This in effect makes it legal for you to tow a 2.5m wide trailer i.e. 2.5 metre wide caravan on British roads whereas a normal 4 x 4 is restricted to towing one with a width of no more than 2.3 metres.
              One of the other reaasons why I bought a surf just in case I wanted to tow one of those large extra wide German caravans.

I doubt if your insurance company would agree with that, in the event of an accident it could be very expensive for you.
              A risk I would never take.
              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

At last!

At last I heard from DVLA - my certificate now says:

Make................TOYOTA
                Model/Type.......HILUX SURF TD AUTO
                Body Type........ESTATE
                Taxation Class..DIESEL CAR
                Type of fuel......HEAVY OIL
                No of seats.......5
                etc

So, persistence worked.
                Last edited by najobskalf; 3 February 2007, 17:45.

Comment

Working...
                X