Not all Surfs blow up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not all Surfs blow up!

Just to re-assure all those people who are thinking of getting a 2.4 Surf, but are worried about the cylinder head going bang.

I imported mine back in November, I drove it around for 2 months without even looking under the bonnet.

I then changed the oil and air filter with those nice mail order jobbies, and changed the oil. I topped up the coolant last week (took almost 2 litres??).

During that time it was driven to work and back through the very worst of Bristol's commuter traffic.

This weekend I loaded the truck up with furniture, a sink, kitchen worktop and luggage for two. Friday night I drove 100 miles up to Newbury and south to Portsmouth in torrential rain, jumped on a ferry, drove off at Le Havre, drove 240 miles with a short stop for coffee and refuel half way. Dropped off the load at my place in France, turned straight around and drove 240 miles back, again with a stop for fuel and coffee, then stayed Saturday night at Le Havre. Jumped on a ferry this morning, got back to Portsmouth at 2:15pm, and drove back to Bristol this afternoon.

An added bonus was that I bought a caravan off Ebay that was already in France, and had it delivered to my place over there. The helpful chappie had parked it in the middle of a quagmire/building site, so it was quite handy being able to drive straight round to it in the surf, over the rubble and thick clay without getting my feet muddy!

During this time it was driven at 70-80mph almost constantly, and never missed a beat. I now have to drive to Loughborough and back Monday or Tuesday (snow....ooo-errr).

The thing handles like a dream, is super comfy and spacious and I love it more every time I drive it. Now then, what is this problem with the cylinder head??

Cheers

Rob G

PS - I have a question in the mechanical section too.

I know what you mean, mines a 92 2.4 that i have had for 12 months & i have done a couple of 800 mile round trips in mine & never had a problem.

Muzzie

Comment

Originally posted by muzzie
      I know what you mean, mines a 92 2.4 that i have had for 12 months & i have done a couple of 800 mile round trips in mine & never had a problem.

Muzzie
      Just to reassure you 2 , I,ve got a 2.4 as well & had it for 20months ,no problems ,never missed a beat...........mind you the head went the day after
      Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Working...
      X