Been to Knowsley got no Brakes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been to Knowsley got no Brakes!!

Ok so went to Knowsley today, damn good fun, but now dont appear to have any back brakes!! handbrake pulls most of the way out of the dash and the pedal just travels, (ok if you pump em!)

Any ideas please ?
    THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Originally posted by crazybitch
    Ok so went to Knowsley today, damn good fun, but now dont appear to have any back brakes!! handbrake pulls most of the way out of the dash and the pedal just travels, (ok if you pump em!)

Any ideas please ?
    First thing is to give everything a good jet wash . Make sure you reach right behind the wheels .
    If it persists ,your drums are probably full of mud .
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

gave it a jet wash at Morrisons on the way home (they didnt seem to appreciate having half the safari park left on the forecourt when i left ) Ill try again tomorrow if not will check the brake drums! thanks

Comment

Jet Wash

I am guessing I might be a bit controversial - cos most of the big boys on here like their big toys - however, I would avoid jet washing if possible.

1) Jet washes can be very powerful. My dad used to have one capable of delivering 1000 psi. If you think about it, they use pressures like this to remove dirt off pavements. You can even cut material with water jets. Pressures like this will strip underseal right off the bottom of your car.

2) High pressure jets can force water past seals on electrical connectors. Even if this doess't cause a direct short, it could reduce the life of the connector due to rust.

3) High pressure jets can force water into places where water otherwise wouldn't go. If you get water into nooks and crannies on the car and then the freezing weather comes, it could open up a seam. Again, not a problem in the short term but you want the car to last, right?

Mud is just dirt in a suspension of water. So all you need is to get the dirt back into suspension and flowing out of where it's stuck. Water at mains pressure should do just fine and reduce the risk of damage.

And don't even consider steam cleaning.............!!

Rob

Comment

I agree Rob.

Take the wheels and drums off and clean it properly.While there check the brakes for any damage.You can't do this with wheels on.

Neville

Comment

Hiya

I was at Knowsley too, what a great day!

If its any consolation, i finished the day with a burned out clutch and a ride home on a flat bed! Nuts!

Hope you get your brakes sorted and think it was worth it, like i do!

Claire

Comment

Originally posted by crazybitch

Any ideas please ?
              Same happened to me at Norfolk, and to a lesser extent yesterday... it's all bin said above... take off the wheels, clean out the brake drums... you'll probably find all sorts of **** stuck in there.

Nice to meet you yesterday!
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Spratt
                Hiya

If its any consolation, i finished the day with a burned out clutch and a ride home on a flat bed! Nuts!

Claire
                I think iff you get the offroad tyres after a new clutch you will be fine.
                This is the only downside of having a manual gearbox:
                you certainly enjoyed the day at Knowsley as you never stopped smiling.
                I hope you get it fixed soon so you can enjoy more days out with your friends.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

seriously good fun, and really nice to meet everyone! i watched the video last nite all you can hear is my daughter screaming and us both having a good laugh

Took the drums off and cleaned the brakes, made sure the front was clear aswel, still not right but better than it was!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Spratt
                    Hiya

Claire
                    Sounds like you all had lots of fun. Just next time you go once you have got thr gear you need KEEP YOUR FOOT OFF THE CLUTCH let the engin do the work.
                    Still as you arew near Kettering perhaps we will see you at the PIT

sumo.
                    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                    X