Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery probs

Hiya
    anyone now where to get batteries from on a sunday?? Herts area.
    been searching all the usual places shops etc , nowt what battereis have you got mine are ac delco's tried halfrauds,,, dont stock them . any suggestions ??3.0 L ( 93) twins its the off side one thats gone
    Last edited by gillcover; 16 December 2006, 16:56.

Originally posted by gillcover
    Hiya
    been searching all the usual places shops etc , nowt what battereis have you got mine are ac delco's tried halfrauds,,, dont stock them . any suggestions ??3.0 L ( 93) twins its the off side one thats gone

You will have to replace both, otherwise the new one will be zapped by the older one.

Some big car accesory shops are open on a sunday.

Comment

Hiya
      it's only saturday...isn't it? or did i just nod off?
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

COSTCO? probably not very close but they sell loads of batteries

Comment

zzzzzzzzzz

No you did'nt nod off it is still saturday(I think),,, I have been running around for the last three hours cant find any batteries ,every one say ,yeah can get them by tuesday,,, not a lot of good for monday morning at 06/00 hours. still I rang a guy in Stevenage (open sundays) says he may have something in stock that'll do the job ,,,,,,,or could be a waste of time I dunno ??
          so m35 you really think I need to buy both then eh "jigger" more expense
          guess what the missus is getting for xmas ,,,, the nearset costco to me is watford , I thought you needed a card for them ,,,dont ya? bit far to go to find out they aint got em
          Last edited by gillcover; 16 December 2006, 17:39.

Comment

No you did'nt nod off it is still saturday(I think),,, I have been running around for the last three hours cant find any batteries ,every one say ,yeah can get them by tuesday,,, not a lot of good for monday morning at 06/00 hours. still I rang a guy in Stevenage (open sundays) says he may have something in stock that'll do the job ,,,,,,,or could be a waste of time I dunno ??
            so m35 you really think I need to buy both then eh "jigger" more expense
            guess what the missus is getting for xmas ,,,,
            now i could say a new battery but some people here will take that the wrong way...
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

norty thoughts

well it does vibrate in first gear , no not the missus the battery

Comment

Try the Surf without the knacked battery fitted. If it's dragging the good one
                down, you may be fine starting with just the good one until you get sorted.

Try an auto sparks if your local factors don't stock them.

Comment

I replaced both mine (3lt turbo diesel) with a pair of HB065 from halfrauds. 495 cold crank amps each and just under £100 for the pair. they are a little smaller than the original toyota ones but still fit with a spacer (lump of 2x1) under the battery holder.
                  Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

If one battery is OK, just disconnect the duff one, it should be fine for a while.

Or just buy the one you can get and run it single till the other one is in stock. (tape up the loose connection though!)
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

got one

Thanks lads for the input,,,got one this morning , (570) £55,,,, 2 yr guarantee,,, will it's on and it starts up ok( so far so good) the other battery was tested and comes up good ,

Comment

Working...
                      X