NOS + diesel engine = ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS + diesel engine = ????

A breif intro: My background is petrol engines. One i know best is VW's G60, a 1.8 supercharged 8v. Due to a job change i now have my truck and will be selling the G60. But.............. the love for tweeking lives on.

A breif plan: I've got the 2.4D normally aspirated lump. (sorry did some one say slow? i was to far behind to hear!)
    Plan one: Find a turbo and manifold and attatch. Question, as far as i'm aware, no ecu with my lump so how do i adjust fuel/air ratio to cope with a turbo? Are there different size turbos that will fit?
    Plan 2: i have a 50-100hp wet shot of Nos left over doing nothing at the mo. does anyone know if fitting it to a diesel would be the same as a petrol??

and discuss....................... ............................
    Passat G60 Syncro 4WD 200hp FOR SALE .

One mod I found out about was the use of LPG (yes LPG) in a diesel engine.

My first reaction was , NO, but look into it. It propogates ? an almost total fuel burn at a lowish LPG content = more power.

Lots of info on the aussie site.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

The U.S site is another place for info. I think the turbo issue has done the
      rounds a bit there:

http://toyotadiesel.com/forums/

Comment

There is a guy on here (does mediaeval reconstructions ) who has fitted a Nitreous assist on his truck. Tony would have more details as they spent ages talking about a while back!!

Originally posted by G60-R
        A breif intro: My background is petrol engines. One i know best is VW's G60, a 1.8 supercharged 8v. Due to a job change i now have my truck and will be selling the G60. But.............. the love for tweeking lives on.

A breif plan: I've got the 2.4D normally aspirated lump. (sorry did some one say slow? i was to far behind to hear!)
        Plan one: Find a turbo and manifold and attatch. Question, as far as i'm aware, no ecu with my lump so how do i adjust fuel/air ratio to cope with a turbo? Are there different size turbos that will fit?
        Plan 2: i have a 50-100hp wet shot of Nos left over doing nothing at the mo. does anyone know if fitting it to a diesel would be the same as a petrol??

and discuss....................... ............................
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

There was a report on Top Gear a while back where they fitted a nitros kit to a 1.9 diesel golf, and the boost in performance was huge, they said that any diesel engine would take the extra load coz they are built stronger in the first place.
          They paid about £500.00 for pro install ( supply and fit)

I'd consider it for mine if it hadn't already cost me a small fortune.

Worth looking into though.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
            There was a report on Top Gear a while back where they fitted a nitros kit to a 1.9 diesel golf, and the boost in performance was huge, they said that any diesel engine would take the extra load coz they are built stronger in the first place.
            They paid about £500.00 for pro install ( supply and fit)

I'd consider it for mine if it hadn't already cost me a small fortune.

Worth looking into though.
            500 notes is about right. the gut i bought it off payed a little more than that.

might have to give it a go, 74hp to 124hp at the flick of a switch. could be fun
            Passat G60 Syncro 4WD 200hp FOR SALE .

Comment

Working...
            X