What is going on..here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on..here.

Ok I have been told!!!, when this motor was imported to this country, the engine number was checked out, and they have told us it's not the orginal engine. The engine, has come from a land cruser a 2.4TDI 65Kw of power. where as the normal 2.4 for the Hilux produces around 15Kw power less. Now the question is????? Is this bull shhhheets or could this be right. Don't ask me!!!

65Kw power? Didnt know they did an electric motor. Or have I missed the point, again?

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle
      65Kw power? Didnt know they did an electric motor. Or have I missed the point, again?

Spoggle
      Yes youve missed the point. Watts is a measure of power, not just electrical power. I read somewhere that the 2.4 surf developed 72kw at 3800 rpm but dont know how true or correct that is. It sounds about right to me but then I dont much either. Im sure a bit of a search on the world wide waffle would turn up something.

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
        Yes youve missed the point. Watts is a measure of power, not just electrical power. I read somewhere that the 2.4 surf developed 72kw at 3800 rpm but dont know how true or correct that is. It sounds about right to me but then I dont much either. Im sure a bit of a search on the world wide waffle would turn up something.

Bogus

Well you can learn something new every day What happend to BHP? Or is this another of these new Euro things It a sad thing when you reach fifty something and realise that you missed the last thirty years. Time to open another bottle I think

Spoggle

Comment

to answer your question its BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

65kw is around 87bhp and the 2.4 surf is around 97bhp and if they say the Surf puts out 15kw less then that equates to around 67bhp which is c**p
          post a pic of the engine so we can see it
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Well I don 't know!!

I thought it seemed a bit odd to me. but hay, what the hell do I know. Mind you, buuuuuuul sheeets appear to be quite common out this end of the globe. Tell you anything. Having said this 3rd party insurance was quite good £38.00 for the year. Full comp. £160.00 WHo care it runs well, thats all that matters to me!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle
              Well you can learn something new every day What happend to BHP? Or is this another of these new Euro things It a sad thing when you reach fifty something and realise that you missed the last thirty years. Time to open another bottle I think

Spoggle
              HeHe you aint the only one, this is a new one on me too, always thought Kw was an electricle measurement,
              produceing all that kw you'd think the bugga would go faster than it does
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

So whats next?

Does this mean we will be measuring, power in light bulbs soon. I can run 3Furesence, a 40watt, and 200watt. I bet that would kick ass a V8 who need thos silly V8 things. when I have a furesence!

Comment

Originally posted by normski26
                  Does this mean we will be measuring, power in light bulbs soon. I can run 3Furesence, a 40watt, and 200watt. I bet that would kick ass a V8 who need thos silly V8 things. when I have a furesence!

Comment

Just a thought

WIth all that extra light, I could run hair salon too!!!

Comment

No you need a 3rd gen to do that
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

72kw and 97bhp are the same, so all the stories here tie up. Aussies measure power output in kw. They're weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                          72kw and 97bhp are the same, so all the stories here tie up. Aussies measure power output in kw. They're weird.
                          To be honest, measuring power in watts makes more sense than how many horse it takes to do a certain amount of work!
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                            To be honest, measuring power in watts makes more sense than how many horse it takes to do a certain amount of work!
                            Yeah, I know but, you know, horses and that.....

Comment

So long as, when I put my foot down, the ECU doesn't say to itself
                              "How many thingies do I have to put out?
                              "Is that horses, or Watts, or kW, or do I just need to turn the bulbs up?"
                              then I really don't care what they call them.

Could be Calories/second for all I care just as long as it goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X